Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • brymerr921
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 4

    #1

    Install Newbler 2.9 in Ubuntu

    Hey everyone,

    I am trying to install the Data_Analysis2.9 package in Ubuntu 13.04. I am very new to Ubuntu and Newbler, but am trying to get this to work.

    Here is what I have done so far:
    1. Download DataAnalysis_2.9_All_20130530_1559.tgz
    2. Extract the *.tgz file to a folder on my desktop called "DataAnalysis_2.9_All"
    3. Open terminal, and run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
    4. From the bottom directory, type
    PHP Code:
    sudo ln -s /bin/true /bin/rocks 
    (sudo ln -s /bin/true ~/bin/rocks didn't work.)
    5. Type
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install alien
    6. Type
    PHP Code:
    ln -l /bin/sh 
    returns
    PHP Code:
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Aug 12 18:29 /bin/sh -> bash 
    7. In /Desktop/DataAnalysis_2.9_All, type
    PHP Code:
    sudo ./setup.sh 
    Then I get this error in the log file:
    Code:
    Installation started at 08/12/2013 06:45:41 PM
    
    User: uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
    
    Hostname: bryan-ubuntu
    
    =============================
    [06:45:41 PM] cd /home/bryan/Desktop/DataAnalysis_2.9_All; md5sum -c checksum_inst
    
    ./setup.sh: OK
    ./README: OK
    ./packages/gsNewbler-2.9-1.x86_64.rpm: OK
    ./packages/amplicons_CLI_2.9.i686.tgz: OK
    ./packages/jre-linux-i586-oracle-2.9-1.i386.rpm: OK
    ./packages/gsNewbler-2.9-1.i686.rpm: OK
    ./packages/gsAssembler-2.9-1.noarch.rpm: OK
    ./packages/gsSeqTools-2.9-1.x86_64.rpm: OK
    ./packages/gsAmplicons-2.9-1.noarch.rpm: OK
    ./packages/gsSeqTools-2.9-1.i686.rpm: OK
    ./packages/gsMapper-2.9-1.noarch.rpm: OK
    =============================
    
    =============================
    [06:45:42 PM] rpm -U   --force  /home/bryan/Desktop/DataAnalysis_2.9_All/packages/jre-linux-i586-oracle-2.9-1.i386.rpm
    
    rpm: RPM should not be used directly install RPM packages, use Alien instead!
    rpm: However assuming you know what you are doing...
    warning: /home/bryan/Desktop/DataAnalysis_2.9_All/packages/jre-linux-i586-oracle-2.9-1.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID e50b562c: NOKEY
    =============================
    
    =============================
    [06:45:44 PM] rpm -U   --force  /home/bryan/Desktop/DataAnalysis_2.9_All/packages/gsSeqTools-2.9-1.x86_64.rpm
    
    rpm: RPM should not be used directly install RPM packages, use Alien instead!
    rpm: However assuming you know what you are doing...
    warning: /home/bryan/Desktop/DataAnalysis_2.9_All/packages/gsSeqTools-2.9-1.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID e50b562c: NOKEY
    error: Failed dependencies:
    	/bin/sh is needed by gsSeqTools-1:2.9-1.x86_64
    =============================
    This looks like the same error discussed at http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20588, yet I can't get this to install. Thanks!
  • GenoMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 7142

    #2
    Did you try the code in post #5 from the thread that you have linked to? If you did then what do you see when you run the following?

    Code:
    $ ls -l /bin/sh

    Comment

    • brymerr921
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2013
      • 4

      #3
      I did the following commands:

      bryan@bryan-ubuntu:~$ sudo rm /bin/sh
      [sudo] password for bryan:
      bryan@bryan-ubuntu:~$ sudo ln -s bash /bin/sh
      bryan@bryan-ubuntu:~/Desktop/DataAnalysis_2.9_All$ ls -l /bin/sh
      lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Aug 12 19:35 /bin/sh -> bash

      I then tried to run setup.sh from Terminal and got the same error.

      Comment

      • GenoMax
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 7142

        #4
        That looks right. I wonder if you have a problem with your $PATH variable (i.e. /bin is not in that path, it seems unlikely).

        What is the output of

        Code:
        $ echo $PATH

        Comment

        • brymerr921
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2013
          • 4

          #5
          Here is what appears:
          bryan@bryan-ubuntu:~$ echo $PATH
          /usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
          bryan@bryan-ubuntu:~$

          Comment

          • GenoMax
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2008
            • 7142

            #6
            That again looks right. Not sure what to ask you to try next. In case no one from the west coast helps further tonight we can look at this tomorrow.

            Comment

            • emq
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 2

              #7
              Hi brymerr,

              I am actually not sure but I think you have not to use
              HTML Code:
               sudo ./setup.sh
              . Try it without sudo, as my experience was that I could install 2.7 only locally and for this you don't need sudo.

              The link you created for bash did not work for root -- maybe.

              Comment

              • JackieBadger
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 385

                #8
                Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

                Comment

                • justindyson
                  Junior Member
                  • Sep 2013
                  • 1

                  #9
                  I had the same issue. It's just because /bin/sh is not in the rpm database. To get round this I installed the STLinux "provides" RPM. This populates the database without installing anything and this happens to include /bin/sh:

                  Information: http://stlinux.com/install/ubuntu
                  Pick the latest version from here: http://download.stlinux.com/pub/stlinux/2.4/misc/

                  Simply do a:

                  Code:
                  rpm -ivh --force-debian stlinux24<version>.rpm
                  and then

                  Code:
                  sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
                  sudo ln -s /bin/true /bin/rocks
                  sudo ln -s /usr/bin/lspci /sbin/lspci
                  sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash   (select no)
                  sudo ./setup.sh
                  It should install without any problems.

                  Comment

                  • yifangt
                    Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 61

                    #10
                    Which one is the latest STLinux

                    I saw this list, but which one should I pick?
                    Code:
                    stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20100401-1.i386.rpm 01-Apr-2010 17:01  4.2K  
                    [   ] stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20100427-1.i386.rpm 28-Jun-2010 14:56  4.4K  
                    [   ] stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20110126-1.i386.rpm 26-Jan-2011 11:47  4.4K  
                    [   ] stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20110331-1.i386.rpm 31-Mar-2011 12:30  4.5K  
                    [   ] stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20110614-1.i386.rpm 14-Jun-2011 10:40  4.5K  
                    [   ] stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20111020-1.i386.rpm 20-Oct-2011 11:07  5.7K  
                    [   ] stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20120508-1.i386.rpm 08-May-2012 14:20  5.7K  
                    [   ] stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20120731-1.i386.rpm 01-Aug-2012 11:23  6.1K  
                    [   ] stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20121030-1.i386.rpm 30-Oct-2012 14:41  7.1K  
                    [   ] stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20130321-1.i386.rpm 21-Mar-2013 14:11  7.1K  
                    [   ] stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20131122-1.i386.rpm 22-Nov-2013 13:43  7.1K  
                    [   ] stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20140120-1.i386.rpm 23-Jan-2014 16:04  7.2K
                    I assumed the last one,
                    Code:
                    stlinux24-host-STLinux_deps-20140120-1.i386.rpm
                    and installed it. The problem is still there. Any idea? Thanks!

                    Comment

                    • mido1951
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2014
                      • 123

                      #11
                      hello,
                      I have a local installation of newbler but here the error message:

                      Code:
                      Warning: One or more of the following libraries was not found
                      
                         zlib.i386, libXi.i386, libXtst.i386, libXaw.i386
                      
                      Without these libraries, 454 Life Sciences software may not run correctly.  Consult the product documentation for more information.

                      could you help me?
                      thankyou

                      Comment

                      • GenoMax
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 7142

                        #12
                        What flavor of unix/linux are you running?

                        Here is a relevant thread that will help: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1624351 See post #3.

                        Comment

                        • mido1951
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2014
                          • 123

                          #13
                          i have Ubuntu 12.04LTS.
                          I installed the librairies ia32-libs.
                          but it's the same problème.
                          Thankyou

                          Comment

                          • dschika
                            Member
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 56

                            #14
                            Maybe this thread helps?
                            http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25339

                            Comment

                            Latest Articles

                            Collapse

                            • SEQadmin2
                              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                              by SEQadmin2


                              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                              ...
                              Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                            • SEQadmin2
                              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                              by SEQadmin2




                              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                            ad_right_rmr

                            Collapse

                            News

                            Collapse

                            Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                            0 responses
                            30 views
                            0 reactions
                            Last Post SEQadmin2  
                            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                            0 responses
                            25 views
                            0 reactions
                            Last Post SEQadmin2  
                            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                            1 response
                            46 views
                            0 reactions
                            Last Post pekgio
                            by pekgio
                             
                            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
                            1 response
                            55 views
                            0 reactions
                            Last Post pekgio
                            by pekgio
                             
                            Working...