Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mappability File

Hi Im kind of new in linux and I am trying to create a Mappability File using the executables and instructions that are part of peakseq that are here http://archive.gersteinlab.org/proj/...lity_Map/Code/ Finally when I do "python compile.py" I get this /bin/sh: 1: chr2hash: not found
    /bin/sh: 1: oligoFindPLFFile: not found
    /bin/sh: 1: mergeOligoCounts: not found

I know this has to do with put them in my PATH but I dont understand what does that mean. Could someone please explain that to me and what should I do to solve this problem?

Thanks I really appreciate your time

PATH is an environment variable. When you run a program, it was looked for in your current directory and in PATH. PATH contains other directories where runnable programs can be found. You can see the value of it with the following command: echo $PATH.
    You can add new directory temporary with this:
    export PATH=$PATH:/yourdirectory

Comment

Thanks I tried what you kindly answered, but I got the same message for the three executables...do you have any idea why isnt it working?

Again thank you

Comment

See this page for help with adding new directories to PATH variable: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/unix-linux-adding-path/

You appear to be using sh/bash shell.

Did you do the following per "TiborNagy's" directions (change to the directory where you issued the python command):

1. Type "pwd" (without quotes). This should print the full directory path
        2. Type "export PATH=$PATH:copy_and_paste_the_path_string_printed_after_step_1" (without quotes, replace the correct string)
        3. Try the python command again.

Are you still getting errors after doing the above?
        Last edited by GenoMax; 09-26-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Creating Mappability File

Thank you Im not having problems with that now. But I wonder if you could help me with this.Once all files were produced using python compile.py, what are the files that CountMap.py takes as input?... I tried all the different ones for a chromosome but I get this " SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xac' " Do I need to process this files before using CountMap.py? And if thats the case which program should I use?

Thank you

Comment

It sounds like there is some kind of formatting issue with your data files.

Have you tried to download the test data set from the PeakSeq page and checked to see if that works.

There is a pipeline that uses the PeakSeq programs. It shows example input strings for the various python program. http://array.mbb.yale.edu/pipeline/scoring.html

Here is the example for CountMap.py input from the pipeline page. You will need to change file paths to match your own.

~/solexa/bin/countMaps.py [-c <count dir>] [-o <output dir>] [-w
            <window size>] [-h]

-c directory where you did the count
            -o directory where you want the mappability file to be (if not given, ~/solexa/mappability)
            -w window size (if not given, 1,000,000)
            -h help

Comment

Does anybody know how was the 'mappability' file created from paper by Hesselberth et.al on "Global mapping of protein-DNA interactions in vivo by digital genomic footprinting"?

They came up with BED file structured like this (fragment of file):
              chr1 5 6 . 100
              chr1 6 7 . 100
              chr1 7 8 . 100
              chr1 8 9 . 100
              chr1 9 10 . 100
              chr1 10 11 . 100
              chr1 11 12 . 10
              chr1 12 13 . 10
              chr1 13 14 . 10
              chr1 14 15 . 10
              chr1 15 16 . 10
              chr1 16 17 . 100
              chr1 17 18 . 100
              chr1 18 19 . 100
              chr1 19 20 . 100
              chr1 20 21 . 100

I'm trying to understand how was the 5th column created or in other words: what is the meaning of '10' and '100' ?
              They call this mappability data but they seem to store there only the unmapped bases (?)

http://noble.gs.washington.edu/proj/footprinting/

Any help on how to create this file would be appreciated.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses