No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ensembl id conversion

Hi,

I've a list of ensembl id ( from Bos Taurus )

How can I convert this ids to entrez id or gene symbol per example ?

Thanks

N.

You could try UniProt's ID Mapping service (http://www.uniprot.org/ -> "ID Mapping" tab).

Comment

Or BioMart; http://www.ensembl.org/biomart/martview

Comment

If you are willing to go for R/Bioconductor this might help:

Code:
        library(biomaRt)
        mart<- useDataset("btaurus_gene_ensembl", useMart("ensembl"))

ensembl_genes<- c("ENSBTAG00000026199", "ENSBTAG00000014685") ## etc...

getBM(
          filters= "ensembl_gene_id", 
          attributes= c("ensembl_gene_id", "external_gene_id", "entrezgene", "description"),
          values= ensembl_genes,
          mart= mart)

ensembl_gene_id external_gene_id entrezgene                                                                                                           description
        1 ENSBTAG00000014685       HPRT_BOVIN     613512 Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRTase)(HGPRT)(EC 2.4.2.8) [Source:UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot;Acc:Q3SZ18]
        2 ENSBTAG00000014685       HPRT_BOVIN     510369 Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRTase)(HGPRT)(EC 2.4.2.8) [Source:UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot;Acc:Q3SZ18]
        3 ENSBTAG00000014685       HPRT_BOVIN     281229 Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRTase)(HGPRT)(EC 2.4.2.8) [Source:UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot;Acc:Q3SZ18]
        4 ENSBTAG00000014685       HPRT_BOVIN         NA Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRTase)(HGPRT)(EC 2.4.2.8) [Source:UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot;Acc:Q3SZ18]
        5 ENSBTAG00000026199     Q862P9_BOVIN     280979                                                Bos taurus actin, beta (ACTB), mRNA. [Source:RefSeq DNA;Acc:NM_173979]
        >
        Dario

Comment

thanks it's perfect !

Comment

Originally posted by dariober View Post
            If you are willing to go for R/Bioconductor this might help:

Code:
            library(biomaRt)
            mart<- useDataset("btaurus_gene_ensembl", useMart("ensembl"))

ensembl_genes<- c("ENSBTAG00000026199", "ENSBTAG00000014685") ## etc...

getBM(
              filters= "ensembl_gene_id", 
              attributes= c("ensembl_gene_id", "external_gene_id", "entrezgene", "description"),
              values= ensembl_genes,
              mart= mart)

ensembl_gene_id external_gene_id entrezgene                                                                                                           description
            1 ENSBTAG00000014685       HPRT_BOVIN     613512 Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRTase)(HGPRT)(EC 2.4.2.8) [Source:UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot;Acc:Q3SZ18]
            2 ENSBTAG00000014685       HPRT_BOVIN     510369 Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRTase)(HGPRT)(EC 2.4.2.8) [Source:UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot;Acc:Q3SZ18]
            3 ENSBTAG00000014685       HPRT_BOVIN     281229 Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRTase)(HGPRT)(EC 2.4.2.8) [Source:UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot;Acc:Q3SZ18]
            4 ENSBTAG00000014685       HPRT_BOVIN         NA Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRTase)(HGPRT)(EC 2.4.2.8) [Source:UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot;Acc:Q3SZ18]
            5 ENSBTAG00000026199     Q862P9_BOVIN     280979                                                Bos taurus actin, beta (ACTB), mRNA. [Source:RefSeq DNA;Acc:NM_173979]
            >
            Dario

I try the same thing, but I don't get any results:

library(biomaRt)
            mart<- useDataset("hsapiens_gene_ensembl", useMart("ensembl"))

genes<-c("ENSG00000000003.10","ENSG00000000005.5","ENSG00000000419.8","ENSG00000000457.8","ENSG00000000460.11"))

getBM(filters= "ensembl_gene_id", attributes= c("ensembl_gene_id", "entrezgene", "description"),values=genes,mart= mart)

[1] ensembl_gene_id entrezgene description
            <0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)

Comment

Originally posted by vkartha View Post
              I try the same thing, but I don't get any results:

library(biomaRt)
              mart<- useDataset("hsapiens_gene_ensembl", useMart("ensembl"))

genes<-c("ENSG00000000003.10","ENSG00000000005.5","ENSG00000000419.8","ENSG00000000457.8","ENSG00000000460.11"))

getBM(filters= "ensembl_gene_id", attributes= c("ensembl_gene_id", "entrezgene", "description"),values=genes,mart= mart)

[1] ensembl_gene_id entrezgene description
              <0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)
              I suspect the ensembl gene id should not include the "decimal" part (ENSG00000000003 instead of ENSG00000000003.10).

Comment

convert GI to Entrez

hi, i have a list of genes from NCBI. does anyone know how to convert GI to Entrez?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  hi, i have a list of genes from NCBI. does anyone know how to convert GI to Entrez?
                  That's pretty easy to do in R with the various org.XX.eg.db packages (where XX is the abbreviation for whatever organism you're using).

Comment

Originally posted by dpryan View Post
                    That's pretty easy to do in R with the various org.XX.eg.db packages (where XX is the abbreviation for whatever organism you're using).

If I use Biomart http://www.ensembl.org/biomart/martview/ , is it better than R package (org.XX.eg.db )?
                    Last edited by super0925; 05-08-2014, 05:45 AM.

Comment

It might be more updated, though there's no guarantee there.

Comment

It might be more updated, though there's no guarantee there.
                        Hi if I have a list of genes by Ensembl ID or Gene namein cows, I want to covert them to human Ensembl ID and Gene name. I could do it by website http://www.ensembl.org/biomart/martview/ I know how to do it .
                        But it is not automatically. Could you please recommend a R package to achieve the Gene-ID converter?

Comment

There's a biomaRt package that's an interface to biomart, but aside from that I'm not aware of anything. Of course, this isn't something that I ever need to do, so me not knowing of a package for it doesn't mean much.

Comment

There's a biomaRt package that's an interface to biomart, but aside from that I'm not aware of anything. Of course, this isn't something that I ever need to do, so me not knowing of a package for it doesn't mean much.
                            Thank you !I will try to download that package and try it.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                            • seqadmin
                              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post seqadmin  
                            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                            0 responses