No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPRI dilution in Illumina Library Prep

Hello everyone,
    I'm actually a newbie in this field, and this forum has helped me a lot with some issues.
    I've been reading a few Illumina protocols, like TruSeq nano or TruSeq DNA PCR-Free, and in both protocolos there is a dual size selection.
    I want to know why there is a bead dilution step before the large fragment removal?. For example,
    109.25 ul beads + 74.75 PCR grade water = 184 ul final volume
    Then you must use 160 ul of this mix with your sample (equivalent to 95 ul beads)

Is not simplier to add this equivalent bead volume to your sample, regarding to get the same finale volume? (in this case 260 ul)

I hope I've been clear enough.

Thanks!

This approach is not necessary and it can be done without diluting beads and using different bead volumes to keep the bead to sample volume ratios similar. Hovewer, dilution helps to achieve consistent results by buffering inaccuracy in pipetting small volumes. Other reason might be that Illumina keeps the protocols for different size selections similar by using different dilutions but the same volume of diluted beads for 350 and 550bp insert libraries. Higher volumes also can help consistency in high throughput protocols that relies on shaking to mix beads and reactions.
    Last edited by nucacidhunter; 12-22-2016, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nucacidhunter View Post
      This approach is not necessary and it can be done without diluting beads and using different bead volumes to keep the bead to sample volume ratios similar. Hovewer, dilution helps to achieve consistent results by buffering inaccuracy in pipetting small volumes. Other reason might be that Illumina keeps the protocols for different size selections similar by using different dilutions but the same volume of diluted beads for 350 and 550bp insert libraries. Higher volumes also can help consistency in high throughput protocols that relies on shaking to mix beads and reactions.
      Thanks nucacidhunter,
      you helped me a lot.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
      0 responses