No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annotation help

Hi,

This may be a series of extremely basic questions, but I’ve only had a little bioinformatics training. I am quickly running out of time for a report where I’m required to annotate a genome using any means at my disposal. I was just hoping for a little guidance on the process of annotation…

I’ve managed to do the 16s rRNA analysis of closest ancestors, as well as the analysis of metabolic pathways that were generated by RAST and Asgard. Where I’m having trouble is getting an annotation on to Artemis, the output of RAST doesn’t seem to want to load and I kept getting the error message: while reading from HW RAST.gbk: source can't have >NODE_3_length_185_cov_148.318924 as a qualifier. I tried to fix this using Jemboss and Union, but it didn’t carry the details of the genes across to Artemis. Has anybody got any ideas how to fix this? I've shared the file here if you want a gander. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wjrzmr6p0auvcox/1Nq2BFKOXN

Also, how would I go about characterising the operons? I’ve tried looking for operon predication software, but they seem to be above my competency level and I can’t get the to work. Are there any online suites which would do the same job, or could recommend a newbie-friendly method?

Thanks, Sepalous

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses