No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cDNA prep for Illumina using the Nextera kit

Hello!

We are looking to streamline our cDNA sample prep for the HiSeq and many of our samples have very low quantities of RNA and are very hard to collect. So far we have tried the Nugen Ovation V2 kit for cDNA synthesis and finished with the TruSeq kit. We are waiting to see what the data look like but the yields look great!

Has anyone tried working up cDNA with Nextera? If so, how did it go and do you have any advice on this?

Has anyone tried following the Nugen Ovation V2 with the Nextera kit? If so, I would appreciate hearing any experiences, advice or suggestions.

Thank you for your time!

I have the same question. I'm working with microscopic animals and making cDNA libraries using the Clontech SMARTer kit but it just doesn't yield enough ds cDNA for TrueSeq library prep.

I imagine that the Nextera kit would result in bias towards sequencing the middle regions of transcripts? Illumina's FAQs say that Nextera yields fragments between 300 and 1000 bp so I'm worried that some short transcripts might not get tagmented at all.

Comment

After doing a little more searching it looks like it can be done!

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

The Myers lab at the Hudson Alpha tested it and got good sequencing results with human mRNA.

Thanks,
      Kevin

Comment

Just a bump...

Has anyone tried the new Nextera XT sample prep kit with cDNA? They say it's good for small genomes, plasmids, and amplicons but nothing is said about cDNA.

Thanks,
        Kevin

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses