No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble installing PennCNV

Hi
    I am trying to install PennCNV on mac os x 10.8.
    The text file is not running so I am trying to re-compile acording to instructions on homepage: http://www.openbioinformatics.org/pe...#_Toc214817843

after typing make I get this error massage:
    khmm_wrap.c:288:20: error: string.h: No such file or directory

However string.h is in this folder:
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/string.h

which is permanently part of my PATH: $echo $PATH /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/

So what is going wrong?

Hi
    I am also trying to install PennCNV in mac (10.6.8)
    Was wondering if you were able to install it.
    I modified the Makefile as is given on PennCNV site.
    on running make I don't get any error but warning

kc.c: In function ‘kcwarn’:
    kc.c:200: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments

However when I run ./detect_cnv.pl
    I get the error

PennCNV compilation error: Can't locate loadable object for module khmm in @INC (@INC contains: ./ ./kext /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0 /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Network/Library/Perl /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0 .) at kext/khmm.pm line 8
    Compilation failed in require at ./detect_cnv.pl line 10.

PennCNV compilation error: Your system architecture is 'darwin-thread-multi-2level', which is not compatible with pre-compiled executables in PennCNV package.
    PennCNV compilation error: Please download source code from http://www.openbioinformatics.org/penncnv and compile executable program.

Not sure what I should check for.

Would be great if you could help me.

Best
    shruti

Comment

It appears that khmm.pm is not being loaded because the directory that has that file is not included in the @INC path.

You can try one of the two methods mentioned at the beginning in this post.

Comment

Same error

Hi
        I encountered the same error as "shruti".

$ ./detect_cnv.pl
        PennCNV compilation error: Can't locate loadable object for module khmm in @INC (@INC contains: ./ ./kext /./kext/ /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14/x86_64-cygwin-threads /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.14/x86_64-cygwin-threads /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.14 /usr/lib/perl5/5.14/x86_64-cygwin-threads /usr/lib/perl5/5.14 .) at khmm.pm line 8

PennCNV compilation error: Your system architecture is 'cygwin-thread-multi', which is not compatible with pre-compiled executables in PennCNV package.
        PennCNV compilation error: Please download source code from http://www.openbioinformatics.org/penncnv and compile executable program.

I tried to fix it by adding
        use lib "./kext";
        use khmm;
        in the detect_cnv.pl as suggested in perlmonk, but it didn't work.

Is anyone who did overcome the error?
        Thank you.

Comment

Can you try providing full directory path for "ktext" instead of just ./ for the "use lib" directive?

Comment

Thank you for your reply, GenoMax

This time I have inserted these two lines in detect_cnv.pl
            BEGIN {($_=$0)=~s{[^\\\/]+$}{};$_||="./"}
            use lib $_, $_."kext";
            use lib "/cygdrive/c/program files/affymetrix/gw6cnv/kext"; <---here
            use khmm; <--- and here

eval {
            require "khmm.pm";
            };

and the result is slightly different but much the same:
            $ ./detect_cnv.pl
            Can't locate loadable object for module khmm in @INC (@INC contains: /cygdrive/c/program files/affymetrix/gw6cnv/kext ./ ./kext /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14/x86_64-cygwin-threads /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.14/x86_64-cygwin-threads /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.14 /usr/lib/perl5/5.14/x86_64-cygwin-threads /usr/lib/perl5/5.14 .) at /cygdrive/c/program files/affymetrix/gw6cnv/kext/khmm.pm line 8
            BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./detect_cnv.pl line 10.

---
            Is there anything wrong ?
            ( I am not a programming expert at all, as you see.)
            Anyway I appreciate your comment very much.

Karoon
            Bet Regards

Comment

I am not a cygwin expert but I think you may need to escape the space in "program files" name.

Try this:

Code:
              use lib "/cygdrive/c/program\ files/affymetrix/gw6cnv/kext"

Comment

Thank you, GenoMax.
                I tried as suggested, but got much the same result
                (inserted two lines in the same place in detect_cnv.pl):
                ---
                $ ./detect_cnv.pl
                Can't locate loadable object for module khmm in @INC (@INC contains: /cygdrive/c/program files/affymetrix/gw6cnv/kext ./ ./kext /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14/x86_64-cygwin-threads /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.14/x86_64-cygwin-threads /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.14 /usr/lib/perl5/5.14/x86_64-cygwin-threads /usr/lib/perl5/5.14 .) at /cygdrive/c/program files/affymetrix/gw6cnv/kext/khmm.pm line 8
                BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./detect_cnv.pl line 10.
                ----
                I am grateful if there are any more suggestions.
                Thank you

Karoon
                Best Regards

Comment

Have you already taken into account the instructions for PennCNV install for windows here: http://www.openbioinformatics.org/pe...#_Toc214817843

Comment

Thank you GenoMax,
                    but I already saw the page and tried as instructed.
                    Maybe something is wrong with the Makefile, so I am going to check it again.

Karoon
                    Best Regards

Comment

Hi, I have the same problem as you and even following the instructions here http://penncnv.openbioinformatics.or...#_Toc214817843 I cant solve it.

The same error occurs.

Any lights?

Thank you

Comment

I managed to successfully install PennCNV

Hi cicconella,

I read the same webpage ( http://penncnv.openbioinformatics.or...#_Toc214817843 ) again and did exactly as instructed in "Compilation in Windows" section (a year ago).
                        That is, I installed MinGW and MSYS, and compiled from the sourcecodes. I don't know why it worked, but anyway I did exactly as the instruction in the webpage says.
                        I already installed PennCNV and finished analyses a year ago and do not remember well the details of installation. I am writing this answer looking back my programming note which was recorded at that time.

I appreciate GenoMax for kind answers.

Good luck,
                        Karoon

Comment

Recently, I encountered the same questions in Linux. I solved the problem by following instructions from http://penncnv.openbioinformatics.or...on-from-source (Installation trouble shooting at the bottom of this page).
                          The related scripts how I solved it are as follows:
                          $ locate khmm.so
                          /home/biosoft/penncnv/kext/5.10.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/khmm.so
                          /home/biosoft/penncnv/kext/5.14.2/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/khmm.so
                          ## Here, we could see that the compatiable perl versions for Linux (*.so) are 5.10.1 and 5.14.2. Thus, I used perlbrew to install the corresponding perl version.
                          $ wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gu...rlbrew-install | sh
                          $ source ~/perl5/perlbrew/etc/bashrc
                          $ perlbrew install perl-5.14.2 --thread --multi
                          $ perlbrew use perl-5.14.2
                          $ cd /home/biosoft/penncnv/example && perl ../detect_cnv.pl -test -hmm example.hmm -pfb example.pfb -conf -log ex1.log -out ex1.rawcnv father.txt mother.txt offspring.txt ## Success without error!
                          NOTICE: All program notification/warning messages that appear in STDERR will be also written to log file ex1.log
                          NOTICE: Reading marker coordinates and population frequency of B allele (PFB) from example.pfb ... Done with 93129 records
                          NOTICE: Reading LRR and BAF values for from father.txt ... Done with 93129 records in 4 chromosomes
                          NOTICE: Data from chromosome X will not be used in analysis
                          NOTICE: Median-adjusting LRR values for all autosome markers from father.txt by 0.0221
                          NOTICE: Median-adjusting BAF values for all autosome markers from father.txt by 0.0029
                          NOTICE: quality summary for father.txt: LRR_mean=0.0027 LRR_median=0.0000 LRR_SD=0.1335 BAF_mean=0.5063 BAF_median=0.5000 BAF_SD=0.0390 BAF_DRIFT=0.000037 WF=0.0184 GCWF=0.0136
                          NOTICE: Reading LRR and BAF values for from mother.txt ... Done with 93129 records in 4 chromosomes
                          NOTICE: Median-adjusting LRR values for all autosome markers from mother.txt by -0.0199
                          NOTICE: Median-adjusting BAF values for all autosome markers from mother.txt by 0.0324
                          NOTICE: quality summary for mother.txt: LRR_mean=0.0039 LRR_median=0.0000 LRR_SD=0.1374 BAF_mean=0.5044 BAF_median=0.5000 BAF_SD=0.0418 BAF_DRIFT=0.000140 WF=0.0100 GCWF=0.0028
                          NOTICE: Reading LRR and BAF values for from offspring.txt ... Done with 93129 records in 4 chromosomes
                          NOTICE: Median-adjusting LRR values for all autosome markers from offspring.txt by -0.0087
                          NOTICE: Median-adjusting BAF values for all autosome markers from offspring.txt by 0.0260
                          NOTICE: quality summary for offspring.txt: LRR_mean=0.0028 LRR_median=0.0000 LRR_SD=0.1263 BAF_mean=0.5045 BAF_median=0.5000 BAF_SD=0.0429 BAF_DRIFT=0.000293 WF=-0.0171 GCWF=-0.0100
                          08:34:14 root@localhost /home/biosoft/penncnv/example
                          I think the solution for other platform like windows will be similar to this. Hope it help you all!

Good luck,
                          Xinwu Guo

Comment

Originally posted by Karoon View Post
                            Thank you GenoMax,
                            but I already saw the page and tried as instructed.
                            Maybe something is wrong with the Makefile, so I am going to check it again.

Karoon
                            Best Regards
                            What change the Makefile?
                            I try to install PennCNV in linux server, but again to again error. T.T

This error ......

hyeonji/src/PennCNV-1.0.3$ perl detect_cnv.pl
                            PennCNV compilation error: Can't locate loadable object for module khmm in @INC (@INC contains: ./ ./kext /data/hyeonji/src/mirdeep2_0_0_7/lib/perl5 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.18.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.18 /usr/share/perl/5.18 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at kext/khmm.pm line 11.
                            Compilation failed in require at detect_cnv.pl line 10.

PennCNV compilation error: Your system architecture is 'x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi', which is not compatible with pre-compiled executables in PennCNV package.

I guess that probelm is no change Makefile. How solved you?

Thanks,
                            Hyeonji

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                            • seqadmin
                              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post seqadmin  
                            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                            0 responses