Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MICROBEnrich 28S removal

I'm using Life Technologies' MICROBEnrich and MICROBExpress kits in conjunction to deplete prokaryotic/eukaryotic rRNAs and polyadenylated transcripts through capture hybridization. I'm consistently able to deplete the 16S, 18S, and 23S rRNA peaks using the kit's provided control RNA (see the attached TapeStation trace for an example of a successful 18S depletion) but my 28S peaks only shift slightly in their proportion to the rest of the transcripts. For reference, the control RNA is a mixture of rat and E.coli total RNA (10:1 ratio by mass) and the attached trace shows duplicate samples taken through the kit and a negative control consisting of an identical reaction with the control oligos left out -- I have yet to try these on true samples given the problems I've encountered.

Does anyone have any experience with these kits? If so, do you have any recommendations to increase the efficiency of the 28S rRNA depletion? LT technical support has been responsive but I would also like to ask the seqanswers community.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses