Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flow cell design?

Can anyone point me to where I can find public information on the design of the integrated flow cell that Ion Torrent uses in their chips? I don't need great details - basic channel layout and rough dimensions, etc, would be sufficient. From the videos and pics out there it just looks like a molded shell with one inlet and one outlet port and no particular structure in between. Is that all?
    Last edited by BBoy; 03-13-2012, 06:44 PM.

this thread links to some interesting documents. You can also read their nature paper which goes in to specific details.
    Integrated electronic detection of protons released upon base incorporation. (Life Technologies)

Comment

Fabbing a chip washing station??

Comment

Heck no, just curious. I doubt that once set in place by Van der Waals forces there is any type of external agitation that could effectively dislodge a significant number of beads. But if someone comes up with a method it would put a serious dent into Life's consumables revenue stream.

Comment

Has anyone run the Paired-End method yet? I heard there is prep off the instrument to do the enzymatic steps for the second read. If you looked at the beads/reads present in read 1 and then present in read 2 it could give an indication on how well the beads stay in the wells.

Comment

Originally posted by genseq
            "Chip washing station"
            Thank you for good name for this device.
            The most difficult will be to develop cameraboad for chip.
            I had you in mind when I asked that question.

This is for another thread, but I would love to hear more about what you're doing, given all the spy documents you post.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses