No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping in QC of FASTAQ

Hi all,
    We have MiseqDX and we upgraded it to be compatible with 600cycles kit.
    We made after that 2 runs:
    The first one was for 16srRNA library following the recommended protocol from illumina (It doesn't depend on any library preparation kit). We used 600cycles kit.
    The second run is for whole genome sequencing for different species (viruses & bacteria). We used Nextera XT kit with 300cycle kit.
    In both runs when we check the QC for the fastaq files we found a systematic dropping in all samples. I mean by dropping, the quality score reduced to near 2 then returns back to 37 in all the samples in the run (the pictures attached for the QC for one of the samples in each run, the rest samples are the same).
    The dropping in the first run was in R1 from cycle 5 to cycle 20.
    In the second run, The dropping was in R2 from cycle 30 to 75 cycle.

Did anyone face problem like this?
    Is there any explanation for this situation?

Thanks
    Attached Files

You must have a region of low nucleotide diversity in that region in the middle (e.g. A's in majority of clusters at that cycle) which leads to these drops in qualities. Can you post nucleotide distribution plot from FastQC?

What version chemistry is this? What is cluster density and PF%? Was phiX spiked in and at what concentration?
    Last edited by GenoMax; 01-24-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response.
      I attached the Fasta QC report for the sample for the second run and pic for its data.
      This run didn't have Phix.
      But like I said in the previous post, this was for whole genome sequences for different species.
      This one was V2 but the first run was with V3.
      Attached Files

Comment

check your thumbnails. I'd guess that your density is actually much higher than 1300-genomes should have very high PF
        Microbial ecologist, running a sequencing core. I have lots of strong opinions on how to survey communities, pretty sure some are even correct.

Comment

Thanks for your answer
          Today the engineering come and check these runs and he said its over clustered
          I think I will reduce the conc. of pooling library from 10pM to 6pM hoping avoid this dropping issue.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses