SEQanswers (
-   General (
-   -   Does anyone know the name of this PCR rack? (

SDPA_Pet 02-18-2019 07:22 PM

Does anyone know the name of this PCR rack?
Hi, I moved to a new lab. My old lab has some special PCR "clamping" Rack. I want to buy some, but I can't find it online. I don't know the official name, so I can't google for it.

I can describe what it is. I normal use PCR strips (8 tubes a row). The clamping rack has two parts. The bottom part can insert the PCR tubes, then your put the upper part of the rack on to clamp it. Last, you put the PCR tube caps on.

There are different size of this PCR clamping Rack. 2X8, 3X8, 4X8.

The whole rack with PCR tubes can insert in the PCR machine directly and run PCR. The purpose for using this rack is not to mess up with sample order.

If anyone has used this before, can you tell me the official name of rack? It would be better you can send a website link. So, I can buy it.


GenoMax 02-19-2019 06:31 AM

Post a picture perhaps?

SDPA_Pet 02-19-2019 01:31 PM

Hi GenoMax,

I wish I could post a pic. I left my previous lab and moved to a new lab. I am setting up a new lab. I want to buy some, but I don't know the name. So, I can't google it. I have to describe what I am looking for, so I hope someone used it before would know what I am talking.

GenoMax 02-19-2019 05:41 PM

You could perhaps ask for a former labmate to send you one? As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

anjama 02-20-2019 07:02 AM

It sounds something like this:

From your description, I don't think that's the one you're looking for, but the terms there might get you on the right track with your search

SDPA_Pet 02-20-2019 03:53 PM

Thanks. This is what I want.

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.