Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNVnator need help

I am using CNVnator recently, preparing to call CNV in a 200 samples with 6X average coverage population, here is the command I used:
    cnvnator -root m.root -genome hg19 -chrom 22 -tree 210099.chr22.bam 210103.chr22.bam
    cnvnator -root m.root -genome hg19 -chrom 22 -d /dir_contain_chr22.fa -his 500
    cnvnator -root m.root -chrom 22 -stat 500
    cnvnator -root m.root -chrom 22 -partition 500
    cnvnator -root m.root -chrom 22 -call 500
    all command up goes well, some call set I can got too,
    but while I tried
    cnvnator -root m.root -chrom 22 -genotype 500
    and then type chr22:1-200
    heres what I got :
    Can't find directory 'bin_1000'.
    Genotype chr22:1-200 210099.chr22.root 0 -1
    nomatter bin size I type , the programe could not found bin_1000.
    Could guys give any suggestion? thanks so much

Hi Jchoo. Did you ever find an solution to that problem? I'm running into the very same at the moment. Thanks!

Comment

I think the problem is the way that the fasta directory is specified and also the read IDs. Note that "22" and "chr22" are different and not compatible. Other than that, the order of the commands looks correct to me.

Comment

Hi SES, thanks for taking the time to answer. I've gone through my commands and they all seem correct, however I am still getting the
        'Can't find directory 'bin_1000'.

this is what I've typed:
        ./cnvnator -root out.root -genome ref.fa -chrom chr5 -genotype 100
        >chr5 37601 47300
        Genotype chr5:37601-47300 out.root 2.6292 -1

When I type the exact same command for -view instead of -genotype I have no problems.

Any ideas on what is going on? I've found the question posted a few times in different forums but no answers. Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comment

Ok so I found an answer to this issue on github by the cnvnator creator:

warnings are not the issue. By default CNVnator estimates CN (last two number in each line) using bin size that you provided and bins of 1 kbp. If histogram for 1 kbp bins don’t exist then the software prints the warning.

So in the output you see. The first number given is the copy number based on the bin size you used and -1 is for the 1000bp bin since it doesn't exist.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses