Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MetaCV: a composition-based algorithm to classify metagenomic reads and function

We have developed a tool MetaCV to classify the very short metagenomic reads into specific taxonomic and functional groups.
    Comparing to previous methods, there are some advantages:
    1, Even faster and more accuracy than before methods, even for ~500 Gb Meta-Hit data, only take 2 days to classify and characterize this metagenomic data.
    2, Except obtaining taxonomic information, it also provided functional enrichment of identified microorganisms.
    3, Easy to use, the tool can download from
    Free, secure and fast downloads from the largest Open Source applications and software directory - SourceForge.net

there are also some sample data for simulation.

Hi whfwind,

nice piece of tool, really like the output! I was wondering if you did a comparison with other tools, are you planning for a publication? Also, could I use this tool for 16s databases (e.g. RDP?) and obtain similar plots like the one I obtained with the testdataset? I've tried to make a database myself, but then I was missing some files like the *.ko2path and *.anno2inf.

Regards,
    Boetsie

Comment

Originally posted by whfwind View Post
      We have developed a tool MetaCV to classify the very short metagenomic reads into specific taxonomic and functional groups.
      Comparing to previous methods, there are some advantages:
      1, Even faster and more accuracy than before methods, even for ~500 Gb Meta-Hit data, only take 2 days to classify and characterize this metagenomic data.
      2, Except obtaining taxonomic information, it also provided functional enrichment of identified microorganisms.
      3, Easy to use, the tool can download from
      Free, secure and fast downloads from the largest Open Source applications and software directory - SourceForge.net

there are also some sample data for simulation.
      Hi whfwind,

I've been using MetaCV for a couple years now and I really like the tool. I'm trying to build my own databases using the procedure outlined on the sourceforge site, but I'm having a lot of errors stemming from repeated gi detection. It appears that MetaCV is assigning the wrong field to gi number. It is detecting MULTISPECIES from multiple .faa as gi and giving an error. Any thoughts on how I can correct this?

Dyanna

Edit: It appears the problem is based on the phase out of gi numbers. Can the program be updated to use accession/version numbers instead?
      Last edited by alouyakis; 06-22-2016, 09:50 AM. Reason: adding new information

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses