Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • szimmerman
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 7

    #1

    mummerplot unable to generate graphic

    Hi everyone,

    So I used nucmer and successfully generated a .delta file. Then, I tried to run mummerplot using the command

    mummerplot ref_qry.delta -R ham_pb4_shred_2k.utg.fasta -Q G5_long_contig --filter --layout

    where ref_qry.delta is my .delta file, ham_pbu_shred_2k.utg.fast is my reference file. This is an entire genome with many contigs. And G5_long_contig is a single contig from a related genome.

    When I run mummerplot I get this output.

    gnuplot 4.2 patchlevel 6
    Writing filtered delta file out.filter
    Reading delta file out.filter
    Writing plot files out.fplot, out.rplot
    Writing gnuplot script out.gp
    Forking mouse listener
    Rendering plot to screen

    gnuplot: unable to open display ''
    gnuplot: X11 aborted.
    WARNING: Unable to query clipboard with xclip

    And no plot is made. Does anyone know why this is happening? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much!
  • SES
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 275

    #2
    What OS are you using? The problem is that the default device for plotting is X11, which can't be found on your system. Trying setting the terminal to something else, like png, to see if you can at least save an image. That will tell you mummerplot is working and this is just an issue with X11. For example, try adding "-t png" or "-t postscript" to your command and see what happens.

    Comment

    • szimmerman
      Junior Member
      • Jul 2013
      • 7

      #3
      Thank you and follow up question about coverage plot

      Thanks a lot for the response. I got it to work doing what you said. However, I figured that the dot plot is not actually what I want, since I am comparing many query contig sequences that map to a single reference scaffold sequence. Instead I think I should use a coverage plot. Any idea on how to make a coverage plot instead of the dot plot? In the MuMer manual, it explains the different plots, but does not give instructions on how to make them.

      Again, Thanks a lot for the fast response. Sorry for the slow reply.

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Today, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      27 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      24 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      45 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
      1 response
      55 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...