I have both and don't know what to do with either (i.e. how to analyze). I was going to use NCBI genome workbench since it seemed to be the least convoluted and it works with windows.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
Sorted BAM has the data sorted by chromosomes/contigs/scaffolds whatever is in your reference genome. In order to efficiently display/access the data the BAM file has to be sorted.
For viewing aligned/sorted BAM files use integrated genome viewer (IGV) on windows. Unfortunately Broad's website appears to be down for maintenance till Monday but the URL you will want is: http://www.broadinstitute.org/igv/
You can try IGB in the mean time: http://bioviz.org/igb/index.htmlLast edited by GenoMax; 10-17-2013, 02:17 PM.
-
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it's IGB is not allowing me to install the program and keeps saying error:could not create a virtual java machine.Originally posted by GenoMax View PostSorted BAM has the data sorted by chromosomes/contigs/scaffolds whatever is in your reference genome. In order to efficiently display/access the data the BAM file has to be sorted.
For viewing aligned/sorted BAM files use integrated genome viewer (IGV) on windows. Unfortunately Broad's website appears to be down for maintenance till Monday but the URL you will want is: http://www.broadinstitute.org/igv/
You can try IGB in the mean time: http://bioviz.org/igb/index.html
Comment
-
Scratch that, I was able to download the low memory version, even though my computer was 4Gb of ram... I am able to open my .sam file in IGB but neither of my .bam (bam and sorted bam) will open. It says "Failed to authenticate server" when I try to open file.
Comment
-
I used Bowtie 2 to align against MM10 (mouse genome).Originally posted by GenoMax View PostWhat genome are you working with?
Have you indexed your sorted BAM?Here is another option to try: http://bioinf.scri.ac.uk/tablet/Code:$samtools index sorted.bam
I have not yet created an indexed BAM since the bowtie 2 manual didn't mention anything about that. But it looks like it's required, so I"ll do that tomorrow when I'm at my Linux computer.
It looks like my SAM file is aligning to IGB mRNA but I don't know what the genes are since they're given cryptic names.
Comment
-
You can download the mm10 GTF file here: ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/current_gt...Cm38.73.gtf.gz IGB should be able to open that and give you gene annotations.Originally posted by KnowNothing2 View PostI used Bowtie 2 to align against MM10 (mouse genome).
It looks like my SAM file is aligning to IGB mRNA but I don't know what the genes are since they're given cryptic names.
Comment
-
Okay, I figured if I just downloaded an MM10 genome I'd be able to reference (right now I'm using Tablet). that said, I began downloading the mm10 genome from the Bowtie 2 website. Hopefully that does it.Originally posted by GenoMax View PostYou can download the mm10 GTF file here: ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/current_gt...Cm38.73.gtf.gz IGB should be able to open that and give you gene annotations.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
36 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
35 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment