Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • clintp
    Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 19

    #1

    Best plasticware?

    What are people using as best practice for plasticware in NGS library preparation? For 1.5 and 0.6 ml tubes, I've been using Eppenforf's LoBind tubes (library storage and dilution). I primarily use strip tubes for library generation, but I haven't found any 0.2mL tubes that are meant to prevent DNA sticking. I wonder if anybody has any input on what plastic is best for low-concentration RNA/DNA, and if anyone has any specific evidence to support it. Thanks!
  • Simone78
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 208

    #2
    Hi,
    I had the same problem and I searched for a long time some low-binding 0.2 ml tubes or plates without success. Then I found a very old paper (attached) where they showed that, when adding some detergent to the solutions/mixes, the adsorption of DNA to the tube was negligible. We are doing single-cell RNA-seq and we have 0.1% Triton in the lysis buffer. We manage to achieve a better sensitivity than the commercial kits, therefore I believe that having some detergent is enough for our purpose and we don´t need low-binding tubes.
    I hope that this helps!
    Best,
    Simone
    Last edited by Simone78; 08-24-2017, 05:42 AM.

    Comment

    • COcard
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 1

      #3
      Hey there, I know this is an old thread, but what is the citation for the "very old paper" you mention in your reply to clint ?

      Comment

      • Simone78
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 208

        #4
        Originally posted by COcard View Post
        Hey there, I know this is an old thread, but what is the citation for the "very old paper" you mention in your reply to clint ?
        Please find it attached.
        Best,
        Simone
        Attached Files

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Today, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        27 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        24 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        46 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
        1 response
        55 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...