I have around 10% adapter dimers, relative to the molarity of my target product, in my final library. I am trying to avoid another cleanup to reduce costs. What are the maximum amount of adapter dimers you have run with? Should I expect to lose about 10% of my reads?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
I wouldn't sequence libraries that were much more than 2 or 3% dimer.
Also, keep in mind that the dimers will cluster much more efficiently than your library so you will lose closer to 20 to 30% of your reads.
So I guess you have to decide if you want to spend a little extra money on another cleanup or spend money sequencing dimers.Josh Kinman
-
Thanks for the advice. Have you sequenced with that much? I have seen that recommendation on the boards, but wondering if I could get away with more.
This would be for more than a single experiment or I would happily do another cleanup.
Comment
-
You can get away with more, but you will be losing a significant amount of reads to the dimers. More often than not the cost per reads lost will be more than what the beads would cost.Originally posted by Ingeneious View PostThanks for the advice. Have you sequenced with that much? I have seen that recommendation on the boards, but wondering if I could get away with more.
This would be for more than a single experiment or I would happily do another cleanup.
If you are multiplexing samples you can also perform a cleanup after pooling which could save you some on beads.Josh Kinman
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
50 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
40 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment