Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • visse226
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2016
    • 9

    #1

    Error in plink: --homozyg-window-kb flag provisionally retired

    Hi all,

    I am really new to bioinformatics and tools such as PLINK.

    I am running commands on plink data created from whole genome information. I use PLINK to search for runs of homozygosity.

    Running the default option (plink --bfile <nameoffile> --homozyg) works, but as soon as I want to change default settings, for example:
    plink --bfile <nameoffile> --homozyg-window-kb 1000 it gives me this error:
    "Error: --homozyg-window-kb flag povisionally retired, since it had no effect in PLINK 1.07"

    I do not understand this error, since I am using PLINK 1.9 (I used module load and it is also the version that comes up when i use the which command).

    Can anyone help me with this? I really need to specify my own parameter settings.

    Many thanks!
  • visse226
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2016
    • 9

    #2
    By the way: I know that in plink 1.07 I will have to change the flag into --homozyg-window-snp 1000
    (I hope this is correct indeed), but I want to know what I can do if I want to do it in 1.9 and not 1.07
    thanks!

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      Today, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    27 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    24 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    45 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
    1 response
    55 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...