Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jmgreenb420
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2017
    • 2

    #1

    Newbie help with Bowtie2 and (GitBash / MetaPhlAn)

    Hello, I was not sure where else to go for help.

    I have sequence data I need to process and was hoping to go through the MetaPhlAn tutorial (which I am already having trouble with but that is a separate issue). That requires Bowtie2, and Unix system is pretty new to me, so Bowtie2's website explanation of how to integrate/install it is incredibly vague/unclear to me as to what actually needs to be done, and they do a terrible job of explaining it, I think they make a lot of assumptions that their users are all familiar with it.

    Please help, can provide more information as needed, but basically I have no idea what to do after downloading/extracting.

    -Jonathan
  • GenoMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 7142

    #2
    What OS are you using? You may be able to use a pre-compiled binary (ready to use bowtie2) depending on your answer.

    In any case taking a look at this UNIX tutorial for biologists would be a great place to start.

    Comment

    • jmgreenb420
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2017
      • 2

      #3
      I'm running Windows 10, I will check out that tutorial, thank you for your response!

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Yesterday, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      10 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      32 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      27 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...