Especially when it comes to Illumina libraries, why is it commonly recommended to Speed-Vac without heat? Is this to prevent (or slow down) potential DNase activity?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
I believe this recommendation usually applies to RNA samples - which are more heat sensitive.
Depending on the buffer (some labs might use be pure H2O) and the lengths of fragments, using low temperatures (e.g. room temperature) might avoid denaturation of DNA samples.
-
Thanks for the response, luc! I'm currently working through a ddRAD protocol (my second library). Long story short I have digested DNA w/ ligated adapters. I bead-cleaned them after pooling, but eluted with a large volume of HPLC H2O and Speed-Vacced to reduce the volume (from ~ 150 uL to ~ 30 uL).
Our normal vacuum pump is broken so I'm using a weaker replacement. It was taking forever so I upped the temp to ~ 45 C.
...and then, as often happens, I made myself paranoid. But I'm also genuinely curious about this recommendation. So thanks!
Comment
-
-
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
49 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
39 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment