Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • guzhi100
    Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 15

    #1

    RNA-Seq analysis using galaxy

    I am a Galaxy user. At this moment, I am using tophat and cufflinks to analyze my RNA-Seq data. I have some questions concerning these tools, and hope you can help me to figure out how to get proper output data.



    At the end of the analysis, I expect two lists: differentially expressed transcripts and differentially expressed genes. In these two lists, I would like to see the gene name, gene ID and transcript ID.




    What I did is:

    After mapping with tophat, I run cufflinks using reference gene sets (GTF file) from Ensembl. I modified the ensembl GTF file according to http://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/u/jeremy/p...lysis-faq#faq4 so that cufflinks can recognize the column for chromosomes. I got the file "cufflinks assembled transcript" which shows nicely the gene ID, transcript ID , but the gene name was lost in this file.



    Then I run cuffcompare using the same reference gene sets (GTF file) from Ensembl. In the output file I can see that gene name appeared, but galaxy assigned new ID to gene and transcript.



    Then I run cuffdiff . Output file only contains gene name.



    My question is: how can I keep the information (gene ID, transcript ID, gene name ) from the reference gene sets during the whole analysis process so that I get meaningful information. Or is that possible that I retrieve "gene ID, transcripte ID, gene name" by using the output file "Cuffdiff transcript differential expression! " from cuffdiff?

    I hope you can help me.

    Thanks in advance.
  • sheenams
    Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 15

    #2
    I solved this issue by following the tutorial at the end of this web page:



    You'll have to figure out which columns you actually want and specify those in the 'cut' step.

    Comment

    • guzhi100
      Member
      • Feb 2012
      • 15

      #3
      Thanks

      Hi sheenams,

      Thanks so much. Actually, I read this tutorial days ago, but didn't pay attention to the last part. Now I got it.

      Comment

      • SilviaBCE
        Junior Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 3

        #4
        Nucleotide distribution chart

        Hi, I'm analyzing my small-RNA-seq data (Illumina 1.9 quality score) and I'm using galaxy to make the preliminary qc tasks. I find it a great and easy tool! I'm here to ask you how can I interpretate a graph:I'm talking about the nucleotide distribution chart after the sample grooming and the 3' adapter trimming. I attach it here so anybody can see it. Up to now I've loaded two samples in galaxy and they both give me this kind of bias at the 3rd nucleotide of the reads. What does it mean? would you suggest to eliminate all those reads which contain the "N" in the 3rd position?
        Any suggestion would be appreciated! Thanks a lot.
        Attached Files

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Yesterday, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        30 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        25 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        46 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
        1 response
        55 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...