Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • luigra
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 7

    #1

    Problems with TopHat v1.4.0

    Dear all I'm trying to use the last version of tophat (v1.4.0) by using the -GTF flag (the reads are mapped before on transcripts). What exactly I'm running is:

    ophat --output-dir=<$Output_dir> --mate-inner-dist=30 --mate-std-dev=20 --min-anchor-length=5 --num-threads=8 --closure-search --keep-tmp --GTF=<$transcriptome_file> --transcriptome-index=<$Out_index> <$Index_File> <$R1_Fast> <$R2_Fast>

    Obviously the $ items are replaced by the real names

    The programs seems to work for more than nine hours but after the point "Searching for junctions via segment mapping" it stopped with the following error:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/work/ahc/grassi/Shared_Programs/tophat-1.4.0/src/tophat", line 3063, in ?
    sys.exit(main())
    File "/work/ahc/grassi/Shared_Programs/tophat-1.4.0/src/tophat", line 3029, in main
    user_supplied_deletions)
    File "/work/ahc/grassi/Shared_Programs/tophat-1.4.0/src/tophat", line 2681, in spliced_alignment
    [maps[initial_reads[left_reads]].unspliced_bwt, maps[initial_reads[left_reads]].seg_maps[-1]],
    TypeError: list indices must be integers


    am I doing something wrong or alternatively it is a program problem?

    Thanks in advance
    luigi
    Luigi Grassi
    Università degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza
    Dipartimento di Fisica
    Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Roma
  • jstolt
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 3

    #2
    A similar problem with TopHat

    I am having a similar problem aligning reads using TopHat (v1.4.1). Specificially, I am attempting to align ~62 million paired-end reads generated from an Illumina HiSeq2000 and processed using CASAVA 1.8. TopHat is run with the following options:

    tophat -o ./tophat_out -r 50 -a 6 -i 30 -I 15000 -p 4 --closure-search --coverage-search --microexon-search <index_base> <reads1_1[,...,readsN_1]> <[reads1_2,...readsN_2]>

    Please note: <index_base> is replaced by the location of the indexes; <reads1_1[,...,readsN_1]> is replaced with 16 .gz read1 files; and, <[reads1_2,...readsN_2]> is replaced with the matching 16 .gz read2 files in the same order. Both of these lists of read files are comma separated without spaces.

    This runs for about five hours and the following error is returned:

    Searching for junctions via segment mapping
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/tophat-1.4.1.Linux_x86_64/tophat", line 3063, in <module> sys.exit(main())
    File "/usr/local/tophat-1.4.1.Linux_x86_64/tophat", line 3029, in main user_supplied_deletions)
    File "/usr/local/tophat-1.4.1.Linux_x86_64/tophat", line 2682, in spliced_alignment
    [maps[initial_reads[left_reads]].unspliced_bwt, maps[initial_reads[left_reads]].seg_maps[-1]],
    TypeError: list indices must be integers, not str

    I have used this set of indexes previously to align reads with TopHat without difficulty. Is this an error on my part or is there an error with TopHat?

    My apologies for any SEQanswers community faux pas - this is my first post.

    Thanks for your assistance!

    Comment

    • luigra
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 7

      #3
      --closure-search problem

      Hi,
      I think that this error is due to the --closure-search option, indeed when I removed it I did not receive any error.

      Best
      luigi
      Luigi Grassi
      Università degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza
      Dipartimento di Fisica
      Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Roma

      Comment

      • jstolt
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2012
        • 3

        #4
        Luigi,

        Thanks for your expeditious reply! Indeed, I tried removing the "--closure-search" option and now things are running fine.

        Cheers!

        Jonathan

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Yesterday, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        8 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        31 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        27 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        47 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...