Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LeserattePD
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 1

    #1

    Nucleotide blast help please?

    Dear all,

    I'm looking for some help with Blastn/megablast.

    I am trying to find out if my antisense oligonucleotide sequences bind non-specifically to targets other than the intended one.

    I've selected "human genomic and transcript"

    Then I think I should use megablast, as I am looking for similar sequences - is that correct? However, NCBI adjusts my search parameters because of using a short sequence to blastn. Can I stop it from doing that?

    Now the problem starts - I want to only get HSPs where > 15 bp bind without gap and I want them all sorted according to the number of bases identity. How do I get BLAST to do this sorting and which parameters should I choose? I think I can do this by adjusting the word size to 15, but Blastn insists on adjusting my search parameters for "short sequences". I think I should ramp up the match/mismatch costs to 4/-5 to achieve only matches with complete homology - is that right? Again Blast adjusts this.

    Also is this a reasonable way of deciding if I get off-target annealing, or are there other/better ways to do this?

    Any and all help is much appreciated!
    Last edited by LeserattePD; 04-15-2012, 05:03 AM.

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Today, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
27 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
24 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
45 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
1 response
55 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...