Can we subscibe new posts in the forum by e-mail? I think it is very useful to users who don't visit here everyday.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
When viewing a forum index page, you should be able to click the "Forum Tools" dropdown menu and then "Subscribe to Forum". At that point you are able to choose daily or weekly digests by email.
Hope that helps, let me know if it's not working for you.
Best....ECO
-
That WOULD be nice to have an RSS feed for new posts as well as new threads. I think a listing of new posts each day will help show how active this site is
Comment
-
Hi Michelle, this link can provide new posts since you last visited: http://seqanswers.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew
It's not an RSS feed, I'm working on it.
Comment
-
Any news on the "feed" story?
Hi ECO,
sure you're busy, also with the spam issue coming up (
for what reason anybody spams this forum I will never understand
)...
But I wanted to check back on the RSS-question asked earlier. I didn't find the option yet - isn't it there or am I a bit blind?
Unfortunately, I'm not into that business, but a friend of mine mentioned something like Robomaker/Open Kapov for creating feeds - not sure whether this is applicable here though.
However, I would highly apreciate if that would work.
Comment
-
Hey Susanne.
Just did some checking, apparently this feature was added in a recent update to the software...see if this does it for you...it's a brand new feedburner feed so may take a couple minutes-hours to be ready...
Enjoy.
Comment
-
report
Attensa didn't get 'all' new posts (Oct. 14+15+16) at once, however, after a second round of spitting them out, I received 50 posts in the feed (suspicious number, hmmm?
).
It's probably not that many for every deay readers, however, reading them may be more efficient if the respective subforum would be mentioned somewhere. I'm not sure though whether this has to do with my reader.
Will try Googoe Reader, maybe IE as well & keep you poseted if you are interested.
Update: Google Reader also came up with 10 posts initially.
Comment
-
Put it back on 15 by default.
So if you want to try a couple of other things...without feedburner getting in the way:
http://seqanswers.com/forums/externa...&lastpost=true is the same feed but includes only thread titles and which forums.
http://seqanswers.com/forums/externa...&lastpost=true doesn't have the forum titles but includes a snippet of the post text.
Looks like I'm going to have to write my own or hunt deeper for what we want.
For reference, the feedburner link I gave above currently points to : http://seqanswers.com/forums/external.php?lastpost=true
Comment
-
Thanks a lot!!
It seems like it's coming down to personal preferences finally - one person would like to see the forums, somebody else may prefer having the post (snippet? - I think the feed actually contained the complete posts), while I would probably prefer having both, but also the initial version is fine for me.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
43 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
52 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment