Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Xi Wang
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 317

    #1

    mRNA-Seq protocol

    Hi all,

    I am now working on RNA-seq data. I am wonderint whether the standard Illumina mRNA-Seq protocol is updated or not from Jan 2008 to Sep 2009. If updated, what's the difference?

    Thanks in advance.
    Xi Wang
  • antoniou
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 7

    #2
    The latest protocol on the Icon web site is dated from Sept 2009. I don't have the 2008 protocol so I cannot comment on the differences

    Comment

    • Xi Wang
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 317

      #3
      Originally posted by antoniou View Post
      The latest protocol on the Icon web site is dated from Sept 2009. I don't have the 2008 protocol so I cannot comment on the differences
      Thanks. I think the protocol before Sept 2009 was not mature, so it was not published. I am just wondering that the data generated by different labs would have different data quality, and some substaintial biases. I really appreciate it if you or others could give some comments on it.
      Xi Wang

      Comment

      • huguesparri
        Member
        • May 2008
        • 97

        #4
        2008 protocole and 2009 protocole are the same.
        The only difference is that in the 2009 version, Illumina gives advices on how to extract/manipulate total RNA, asks for a RNA with RIN>8 and where in the protocole you can do Cold Storage option.

        I joined the 2008 version to this message.
        Attached Files

        Comment

        • Xi Wang
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2009
          • 317

          #5
          Originally posted by huguesparri View Post
          2008 protocole and 2009 protocole are the same.
          The only difference is that in the 2009 version, Illumina gives advices on how to extract/manipulate total RNA, asks for a RNA with RIN>8 and where in the protocole you can do Cold Storage option.

          I joined the 2008 version to this message.
          Thank you very much!
          Xi Wang

          Comment

          • Xi Wang
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 317

            #6
            Hi,

            Anyone knows how to explain why the read distributions of a gene from two experiments are not the same (not the expression, even only one isoform)? It's normal or abnormal? Now we can discharge the protocol difference. I have no idea since I am not an experiment man. Thanks.
            Xi Wang

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              Yesterday, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
            0 responses
            9 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            32 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            27 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            48 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...