Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, not sure why you would do that. The more amplification you do in your library prep the more artifacts you create.

Comment

NextGenSeq, it is a trick some people apply when their DNA yield is low after PCR cleanup in library prep. They amplify with qPCR primers to increase the yield, I guess this ends up more closely representing cluster amplification in some ways, so it won't necessarily create more artifacts or bias like regular PCR amplification would, but give better tighter PCR amplification of target. I am not sure if I have all the details right though about this trick. Was hoping that anyone here has tried it can comment on their experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by sci_guy View Post
        Do pages 17 - 20 of this help?
        I can not find the page17-20, How does it describe?

Comment

[post deleted]
          Last edited by seqgirl123; 03-05-2011, 12:23 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Comment

Does anyone know the concentration of the indexed adapters in the TruSeq RNA sample prep kit? Or alternatively, what concentration of custom-made primers from IDT or elsewhere have people had success with integrating into the TruSeq protocol?

Thanks!
            Last edited by shoegame2001; 05-01-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Why is the phosphorothioate modification (in the adapter) at the 3'-end that is proximal to the ligation? Shouldn't that 3'-end be protected after the ligation? I don't understand why the modification is not added to the Y-end of the opposite adapter. It seems that the 3'-end of only that adapter would be vulnerable to the nuclease.

Also, do locked nucleic acids (as used in the Tufts protocol) serve the same purpose: to prevent 3' to 5' nuclease activity? Do either the phosphorothioate bond or locked nucleic acids aid in the annealing of the two adapters to each other?

Any clarification or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Comment

Hi nbogard,

Exonucleases in the ligase prep can chew off the adaptor "A" overhang. Two of these blunt-end ligated together will amplify nicely. While the probability of exonuclease activity and frequency of blunt end ligation is small, the adaptor is in great excess over DNA library and will amplify later more efficiently (due to being shorter than the library).

LNAs will increase the apparent Tm, but may hinder ligation. I'm not sure if the ligase will accommodate bulky LNA backbones. You'll have to test... anyone with experience here?

Comment

Thanks sci_guy!

Is the exonuclease activity in the ligation prep from leftover T4 DNA Pol used in the earlier end-repair reaction? If the contamination is significant, that would explain the reason for the phosphorothioate modification at the ligation end. But why the lack of the modification on the opposite adapter that also contains an exposed, single-strand 3'-end?

Comment

Could be leftover activity. But I would assume that the chaotropic salts and EtOH in the column would kill the activity.

Some degradation of the 3' end in the Y-tail is not a problem. The PCR primer will still anneal nicely. However, annealing of two blunt-ended Y adaptors yields an amplifiable product.

Have a look at this thread: http://seqanswers.com/forums/archive...hp/t-1765.html

Comment

Thanks again, sci_guy. Makes sense.

All the best!

Comment

Illumina sequence manipulations

Hello, new to NGS, I've found this site extremely helpful. For my own edification and to help others in the same fog I was in, I put together a document with all the manipulations involved in single-end and multiplexed library preparation. Information from various posts on this site was critical in being able to do this. I hope that people can check this document for errors, both in overall structure of the scheme, and in the specific oligo sequences.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi, frc1230! Your schematic is great. Thanks for the contribution.

-Nick

Comment

Homemade TruSeq adapters

Hi all, for various reason I am generating homemade TruSeq adapters. After annealling the universal and index oligos, they run at ~65bp on a 2.5% gel as I expected. However, Illumina TruSeq adapters from the kit, run as a positive control, were at ~100bp. Anyone have any experience of why this is (given they are supposed to be ~65bp)? Is it anything to do with the Y structure and does this, presumably, mean that my homemade adapters have not annealed properly? If anything I would have thought the Y-structure would have meant they run smaller than 60bp, not larger.

Thanks
                            nb. To anneal I mixed eqimolar amounts of index and univeral oligos in 50mM NaCL, incubated at 95C for 5 min and allowed to cool to RT in the heat block (2hr). The oligos are modifed 5'phosphate and 3'phosphorothioate respectively.

Comment

frc1230 -> thanks for the nice schema!
                              for improving next version: it might be misleading when you write qPCR (from Quail et al) primers below multiplexing sequences, because they will work with only some of the indexes (last base of primer is first base of index)
                              otherwise very nice
                              best,
                              Lukasz

Comment

TruSeq sequence manipulations for library preparation

Kulukulas, thanks for the correction on the oligos.

The attached document contains my best guess as to how the new TruSeq kit works: by a similar principle as in my previous schematic, but there's one critical difference. By the time adapter ligation is complete, the material is cluster-formation-ready. The PCR amplification is solely to amplify the material, it does not add any sequences (unlike in the previous procedure, where the PCR amplification added the 'right-hand' sequence required for cluster formation). (Illumina Tech support was willing to confirm this statement, but they do not provide the sequences of the PCR oligos. It is nevertheless reasonably clear what those sequences must be like).
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses