Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R - problem in heatmap reading

Hi all, i'm using R to draw heatmaps... but I have a huge amount of data, around 600 genes... Did anyone could suggest me a better way to draw it? this image is to show you that the gene descritption can not be read at all... I've tryed to draw 3 separated heatmaps, with 200 genes each but it also dont work, i cant read the gene descritption it is all on top of other... I found this on the internet, search in google images.... it would be great for me to do a image like this: https://www.biomedcentral.com/conten...9-9-92-s12.bmp anyone knows a solution?

sorry if my question is "too stupid" but i'm kind a basic user of R... this was the heatmap i get: http://postimage.org/image/asnzdlk9h/

you simply need to either:
    - increase the height of your device
    AND/OR
    - reduce the size of your characters

if you post your R script it is probably easier to suggest sth..

Comment

Personally, I would experiment with the cexRow value (start around 0.5 and go from there) and then save the heatmap as a pdf that I could modify further in illustrator or inkscape.
      Hope that helps.

Comment

I will try those suggestions. and i will post my script here thanks for answers

Comment

Code:
          genes <- read.csv("genes.csv", sep=",")
          row.names(genes) <- genes$Descritpion
          genes <- genes[,2:4]
          genes_matrix <- data.matrix(genes)
          genes_heatmap <- heatmap(genes_matrix, Rowv=NA, Colv=NA,col = heat.colors(256), scale="column", margins=c(5,10))

######or#########

library(gplots)
          genes_heatmap2 <- heatmap.2(genes_matrix,trace="none",col=greenred(10))

#######or##########

genes_heatmap <- heatmap.2(genes_matrix, col=redgreen(75), scale="row", key=TRUE, symkey=FALSE, density.info="none", trace="none", cexRow=0.5)

Comment

Originally posted by essvee View Post
            Personally, I would experiment with the cexRow value (start around 0.5 and go from there) and then save the heatmap as a pdf that I could modify further in illustrator or inkscape.
            Hope that helps.

I've put 0.5... you advise me to put what?

Comment

Originally posted by mudshark View Post
              you simply need to either:
              - increase the height of your device
              AND/OR
              - reduce the size of your characters

if you post your R script it is probably easier to suggest sth..
              Already here my R codes

Comment

Hope that helps.
                changing the cexRow did not worked... :S cant read at all ... :S

Comment

Did not work? Can you please elaborate? Is it still too big/small? It should work with both heatmap and heatmap2. If it is too large still, decrease the number. Also, try looking at help(heatmap) and help(heatmap.2), you can learn a lot from the documentation.

Comment

Did not work? Can you please elaborate? Is it still too big/small? It should work with both heatmap and heatmap2. If it is too large still, decrease the number. Also, try looking at help(heatmap) and help(heatmap.2), you can learn a lot from the documentation.
                    still too small, i choose 0.06 and the words are above other/on top again... and if I choose 0.03 for example, when I save to .pdf the words dont apear at all :S

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                    0 responses