Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! I've been running breakdancer on 1000genomes data and it works fine except it generates a LOT of inserts that I suspect are false positives. This makes finding real insertions difficult. Increasing the number of needed pairs for calling a variant to for example 4 diminishes the noise but doesn't remove it. Anyone else having this problem?

Another thing, when running breakdancer on many BAM-files at once it generates completely different data compared to running them individually. For I example I find the same deletion in every single one of 20 individuals but when combining them in the bam2cfg script this deletion disappears.

Thank you for your time!

/Magnus

Comment

Originally posted by fabio.marroni View Post
      I am trying to run BreakDancer Max on a data set including only one library. Alignment with BWA created an alignment file in which no library name was specified (no @RG header). The bam2cfg.pl included in BreakDancer-0.0.1 (which seems to have incorporated the suggestion from pallo) ran and produced the following config file (config.file):

readgroup:NA platform:illumina map:../Poli/s_1_sequence.bam readlen:75.00 lib:NA num:10001 lower:130.99 upper:275.98 mean:210.78 std:18.14 exe:samtools view

We then ran BrakDancer Max with the following command

perl BreakDancerMax.pl config.file >output.file

and obtained the following (empty) output file
      #../Poli/s_1_sequence.bam mean:210.780 std:18.140 uppercutoff:275.980 lowercutoff:130.990 readlen:75.000 library:NA reflen:484660925 seqcov:4.744x phycov:6.667x 1:1784 2:60640 3:59812 4:8280 8:2320 32:48156
      #Chr1 Pos1 Orientation1 Chr2 Pos2 Orientation2 Type Size Score num_Reads num_Reads_lib Allele_frequency Version Run_Param

Can someone help with this issue?
      I'm having the same problem. I get a cfg file that looks fine, but only the header comes out of BreakDancerMax. I know that the data should have SVs in it because it's from a published paper about SVs. How can one debug this issue?

Comment

Please try the c version from
        svn co https://breakdancer.svn.sourceforge....ot/breakdancer breakdancer

The perl version is becoming obsolete.

Comment

Hi,
          Did you sort and index your bam file ? If not, doing so may solve the problem
          Best,
          Ramzi
          Research Scientist - Bioinformatics
          Sidra Medical and Research Center

Comment

I sorted via MosaikSort which was then converted to bam. I'm running another attempt right now after a sort attempt with `samtools sort`. I'll try an index next if that doesn't work. Do I have to supply the index file or does BreakDancer look for the bai file extension automatically?

Thanks,
            Rob

Comment

I sorted the file using `samtools sort`. I indexed it as well. Still no luck. My output files, aside from the headers, are empty. breakdancer_max complains about missing LB tags in the @RG header line (of which there's only 1). I supplied a file via -f telling bam2cfg.pl to use "NA" as the library for the only readgroup. I didn't indicate the bai file anywhere. Does it find it automatically?

Comment

Hi All,

any news about this BreakDancer usage? In addiction, what about BreakDancer Mini? Is that already obsolete? I thought it was good to compare indels retrieval results...
                wherever you go, whatever you do, always bring a bioinformatic with you

Comment

breakdancer bam2cfg error

when i run perl /usr/local/src/breakdancer-1.1_2011_02_21/perl/bam2cfg.pl ./test_sort.bam , this two error,
                  Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/src/breakdancer-1.1_2011_02_21/perl/bam2cfg.pl line 71, <BAM> line 26.
                  Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/src/breakdancer-1.1_2011_02_21/perl/bam2cfg.pl line 173.
                  who know how to solve?
                  I feel anxious! thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by fabio.marroni View Post
                    I am trying to run BreakDancer Max on a data set including only one library. Alignment with BWA created an alignment file in which no library name was specified (no @RG header). The bam2cfg.pl included in BreakDancer-0.0.1 (which seems to have incorporated the suggestion from pallo) ran and produced the following config file (config.file):

readgroup:NA platform:illumina map:../Poli/s_1_sequence.bam readlen:75.00 lib:NA num:10001 lower:130.99 upper:275.98 mean:210.78 std:18.14 exe:samtools view

We then ran BrakDancer Max with the following command

perl BreakDancerMax.pl config.file >output.file

and obtained the following (empty) output file
                    #../Poli/s_1_sequence.bam mean:210.780 std:18.140 uppercutoff:275.980 lowercutoff:130.990 readlen:75.000 library:NA reflen:484660925 seqcov:4.744x phycov:6.667x 1:1784 2:60640 3:59812 4:8280 8:2320 32:48156
                    #Chr1 Pos1 Orientation1 Chr2 Pos2 Orientation2 Type Size Score num_Reads num_Reads_lib Allele_frequency Version Run_Param

Can someone help with this issue?
                    I have the same problem with you, did you solve that?

Comment

Originally posted by mei404 View Post
                      when i run perl /usr/local/src/breakdancer-1.1_2011_02_21/perl/bam2cfg.pl ./test_sort.bam , this two error,
                      Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/src/breakdancer-1.1_2011_02_21/perl/bam2cfg.pl line 71, <BAM> line 26.
                      Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/src/breakdancer-1.1_2011_02_21/perl/bam2cfg.pl line 173.
                      who know how to solve?
                      I feel anxious! thanks!
                      Dear mei404,

I am facing the same problem/error. Did you find any solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ramouz87 View Post
                        Hi,
                        Thanks for you reply, I've tried with BWA but still have an empty file when appliying bam2cfg.pl
                        bwa sampe -a 5000 ~/genomes/Homo_sapiens.GRCh37.56.dna.toplevel.fa ./sai/s_8_1_sequence.fq.bwa.align.sai ./sai/s_8_2_sequence_50b.fq.bwa.align.sai ./fastq/s_8_1_sequence.fq ./fastq/s_8_2_sequence_50b.fq > ./sam/pr_5000_2_50b.bwa.sam

bam2cfg.pl ./bam/pr_5000_2_50b.bwa.bam > ./sv/pr_5000_2_50b.bwa.bam.lst

Beside, I get no error message.

Any intuition regarding the origin of this issue.
                        Thanks in advance
                        Best,
                        Ramzi

Hello,

Do your BAM files include the read group Library (@RG LB:xyz) tag? BreakDancer seems to need the read group in order to work. I had to replace the headers in all my BAM files just to get this program to work. e.g.:

samtools view -H bamfile.bam > header.bam

Edit the header.bam and add the @RG line to include: @RG ID:xyz SM:xyz LB:xyz

Replace the header in your bam file:

samtools reheader header.bam bamfile.bam

Then use bam2cfg.pl. I had to do these one at a time, then run bam2cfg.pl with '>>' to capture output in a single file:

bam2cfg.pl -q 20 -f librarylist -g -h *.bam >> config

(The librarylist is probably not necessary; it could not compensate for BAM files with no LIBrary information. )

HTH,

Joe

Comment

Hi,
                          I'm trying to analyze with breakdancer data coming from ion torrent, which were aligned through tmap.
                          I ran bam2cfg.pl but I obtained an empty file.
                          This is the message:
                          [Wed Sep 9 15:26:19 2015 ./bam2cfg.pl] Closing BAM file
                          [Wed Sep 9 15:26:19 2015 ./bam2cfg.pl] Send TERM signal for 4992
                          [Wed Sep 9 15:26:21 2015 ./bam2cfg.pl] samtools pid process 4992 is still there...
                          [Wed Sep 9 15:26:21 2015 ./bam2cfg.pl] invoking kill -9 on 4992 ...
                          [Wed Sep 9 15:26:21 2015 ./bam2cfg.pl] Closing samtools process : 4992

At the beginning I have error regarding RG group and so through picard AddOrReplaceReadGroup I modified it.
                          Now I don't know how to solve this issue.
                          What is the problem?
                          Could anybody help me?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                          • seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                          0 responses