Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for original genome sequence with PCR primers used for bisulfite sequencing

I have to do bisulfite sequencing and I have searched from literature that, there's primer already available for the region I am interested. I am wondering how can I got the original genome sequence that the PCR amplified?

One of the region I am interested in is H19 in chromosome 11 in human. PCR primers used for amplifying bisulfite-converted DNA was
    F: 5'-TGAGTGTTTTATTTTTAGATGATTTT-3'
    R: 5'-ACAATACAAACTCACACATCACAAC-3'

Is there any ways that I can search the original genome sequence (not bisulfite converted DNA sequence) that this PCR amplified?

Thanks

For the GRCh37 genome build the forward sequence aligns to chr 11, starting at bp 2021077. Here is the SAM entry:
    forward_oligo 0 11 2021077 255 26M * 0 0 TGAGTGTTTTATTTTTAGATGATTTT IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII NM:i:9 XX:Z:7CC4CCC6CCCC XM:Z:.......hh....hhx......hhhx XR:Z:CT XG:Z:CT

I am afraid the reverse primer seems to align to several different places (I think with 1 mismatch), but maybe if you start looking for in a sensible PCR distance from the forward match you'll be lucky.

Comment

Did you try in silico PCR on UCSC's genome browser?

Comment

Originally posted by swbarnes2 View Post
        Did you try in silico PCR on UCSC's genome browser?
        That won't work for bisulfite primers, unless you have a UCSC instance with bisulfite converted genomes loaded - which is annoying for human because you have to make a separate one for each strand. Personally I created BSgenome packages for bisulfite genomes and use R/Bioconductor functions for this kind of stuff.

Comment

You may try http://bisearch.enzim.hu/?m=genompsearch

Comment

Originally posted by frozenlyse View Post
            Personally I created BSgenome packages for bisulfite genomes and use R/Bioconductor functions for this kind of stuff.
            That sounds useful to me; care to share your script for creating these?
            Thanks,
            Pete

Comment

Originally posted by fkrueger View Post
              For the GRCh37 genome build the forward sequence aligns to chr 11, starting at bp 2021077. Here is the SAM entry:
              forward_oligo 0 11 2021077 255 26M * 0 0 TGAGTGTTTTATTTTTAGATGATTTT IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII NM:i:9 XX:Z:7CC4CCC6CCCC XM:Z:.......hh....hhx......hhhx XR:Z:CT XG:Z:CT

I am afraid the reverse primer seems to align to several different places (I think with 1 mismatch), but maybe if you start looking for in a sensible PCR distance from the forward match you'll be lucky.
              Yes you are correct. This primer has the potential to create mismatch when I search by http://bisearch.enzim.hu/?run. But all of them are located in chromosome 11.

Can you please give me the sequence you found with the shortest length? In literature it mentioned that it would amplify 149bp but I found 125bp only using the website I posted. I just don't know where there's such as difference.

Comment

Originally posted by C.R. View Post
                I search the primers using the website you mentioned. It turns out that the product size is 125bp, but in literature, the same set of primers would results in a amplicon of 148bp. I am wondering why there's such a difference....

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                0 responses