Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robs View Post
    I just checked and there was no update on the letter since my last changes yesterday. Will you be able to put those numbers in the letter sometime today? Do you need help with anything?
    Hi Robs, seems the latest ver is #3 located at the wiki page

http://seqanswers.com/wiki/Publicati...for_SEQanswers

I started moving content from Gdoc back to the wiki
    Marco

Comment

• Originally posted by marcowanger View Post
      Hi Robs, seems the latest ver is #3 located at the wiki page

http://seqanswers.com/wiki/Publicati...for_SEQanswers

I started moving content from Gdoc back to the wiki
      I think, we should decide on one place to work on the letter. Otherwise, it will be too confusing and you end up merging things together. I like the comment feature in the Google docs and think that the version there is in much better shape than the Draft #3 in the wiki.

Comment

I think, we should decide on one place to work on the letter. Otherwise, it will be too confusing and you end up merging things together. I like the comment feature in the Google docs and think that the version there is in much better shape than the Draft #3 in the wiki.
        Yes, robs, we should stick to one place.
        But some prefer gdoc (myself) and some the wiki. It is always hard to choose among various platform to write together....

Anyway, as the latest ver is being pasted as #3, I think we should respect the change (it's not done by me). Yes, we then have to do additional work to merge things together. I feel ok with it.. I can help merging things back.

I do like the structure of the #3 though, it's more than description or promotion of SEQanswers. Rather it let readers to think about the change of forms of scientific communicaiton, something at least complement to journals.

I suggest to stick to the wiki editing.
        Last edited by marcowanger; 11-04-2011, 02:22 AM. Reason: fix typo
        Marco

Comment

• I like it too. It is coming along nicely!

Comment

• Originally posted by genericforms View Post
            I like it too. It is coming along nicely!
            cool. Keep up the pace.
            Marco

Comment

• I merged a few more things from the gdoc and the wiki into the draft #3. There are some good things in the long version that I think would fit quite well into the letter draft.

Any news yet on the tag cloud data?

Comment

• As I had mentioned earlier, I am happy to assemble that figure if someone gives me access to the post data.

Comment

As I had mentioned earlier, I am happy to assemble that figure if someone gives me access to the post data.
                  genericforms. For this issue, you ask ECO or dan

I think we need to query the mysql db ...not familiar with vbulletin system personally
                  Marco

Comment

I merged a few more things from the gdoc and the wiki into the draft #3. There are some good things in the long version that I think would fit quite well into the letter draft.

Any news yet on the tag cloud data?
                    Thanks. Let's merge them and see how it goes.

What would be nice to have:
                    1) a keyword analysis on posts to determine what the hot topics were in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011
                    2) average number of users contributing to a discussion
                    3) site stats (e.g. site views per day)
                    Just to bump it it. We still need 3): To be provided by ECO.

1) & 2): need to ask people with mysql access
                    Marco

Comment

• I am clearly overcommitted elsewhere to work on these queries, sorry for dropping that ball...unfortunately there is no easy way (that I know of, but happy to take suggestions) to give read-only access to the db for people to play with queries. If you have suggestions let me know...I don't know vBulletin's tables well enough to put together the requisite queries.... :/

Comment

• Originally posted by ECO View Post
                        I am clearly overcommitted elsewhere to work on these queries, sorry for dropping that ball...unfortunately there is no easy way (that I know of, but happy to take suggestions) to give read-only access to the db for people to play with queries. If you have suggestions let me know...I don't know vBulletin's tables well enough to put together the requisite queries.... :/
                        Rather than grant access to the DB can you simply dump every post to a text file and share that? We can work from the text file to capture the necessary data.

Comment

• The perfect example to illustrate how this community enable interactions among developers. (http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15200)
                          Marco

Comment

• You know, I really liked the GDoc approach to collaboratively editing the document. Unless someone objects I would recommend we migrate back especially when we have a more mature draft and are simply refining words and phrases.

macrowanger, I agree the BWA/Bowtie thread has been very educational (at least for me!). Perhaps it is worth emphasizing that the key developers of the tools used for nextgen are members of SeqAnswers.

Comment

Rather than grant access to the DB can you simply dump every post to a text file and share that? We can work from the text file to capture the necessary data.
                              Yup, got the sqldump shared in google docs...it's 40MB...send me an email and I'll share it with you, along with the schema.

Comment

• Thanks ECO. I sent you a private message with my contact details.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses