Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative splicing detection using RNA-seq

I used Bowtie and Tophat to align my reads and to identify splice junctions but now i would like to be able to compare my two conditions.

I am looking for something that uses mRNA-seq to identify novel splicing events in a given sample or, if multiple samples are available, identifies differential splicing events between those samples.

Has anyone come across some software that can do these things?

Thanks in advance.

The next release of Cufflinks (planned for next week) will include a new tool, cuffdiff, that will perform a comprehensive battery of differential expression and differential splicing tests on two or more samples. I will post a detailed message to the forums detailing the new tool and announcing its release.

Comment

Thanks!

I think many working with RNA sequencing are looking forward to the release!

Comment

Can't wait! Can I be horribly greedy and ask if the release is happening toward the beginning or ending of next week?

Thanks,

Shurjo

Comment

great news

Yeesss!
          Happy to hear this!
          Thanks for the great tool!

Comment

USeq does differential RNA-Seq

Check out the USeq package. http://useq.sourceforge.net

I've added functionality to look for changes in expression and structure for known genes (no novel discovery) using binomial and chi-square tests respectively.

There's a detailed tutorial too http://useq.sourceforge.net/usage.html

Comment

Originally posted by shurjo View Post
              Can't wait! Can I be horribly greedy and ask if the release is happening toward the beginning or ending of next week?

Thanks,

Shurjo
              I can't make any promises, but I'll try to get it out earlier rather than later. I have a mountain of email to respond to from being away from machines for 3 weeks (honeymoon), and I don't want to try our users' patience anymore than I already have.

Comment

Congratulations!

And thanks for all your hard work.

Comment

Welcome to the married men's club, Cole. I'll wait even more patiently for cuffdiff now that I know you're married too.

Comment

It's out! I will try it this weekend and post feedback.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                    • seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                    0 responses