Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mycoplasma contamination will cause problems with any random-primed library prep method, due to the relative abundance of the mycoplasma RNA.

@gao331: If you are not sure about the ScriptSeq kit, we do have an evaluation program. Please PM me for details.
    Connect with Epicentre: Facebook | Twitter

Comment

Works well, reads are oriented off the negative strand and will appear as blue for positive and yellow for negative reads in GS.

Comment

[QUOTE=spenserbsmith;31174]I have run the scriptseq with both Poly A+ enrichment and the ribozero kits. So far, neither has worked at the level we hoped for; however, I'm am new at generating libararies for sequencing, so I'm not totally confident in my results. A close colleauge of mine has done a full RZ+SS run and got good libraries, but still with more reads of Ribosomes than epicentre got in their results.

Hi i have recently tried to use Scriptseq for making RNAseq libraries but unfortunately none of my libraries worked with the kit. I am wondering if there are modifications you made for the Scriptseq kit? Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Hi i have recently tried to use Scriptseq for making RNAseq libraries but unfortunately none of my libraries worked with the kit. I am wondering if there are modifications you made for the Scriptseq kit? Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

@Upendra_35: Please contact our technical services scientists at 1-800-284-8474 so we can discuss why you couldn't get the kit to work. There are many issues that affect the quality of a RNA-Seq library, so it would be easier to determine the problem if we had detailed information.

Comment

We do several 100 mRNA libraries ourselves and have been looking into kit alternatives for some time. The scriptminer kit from epicenter has failed in our hands. We couldn't get libraries. Right now we have our own method similar to the illumina methods and that works well for us.

Originally posted by upendra_35 View Post

Comment

Sorry meant to say that the scriptseq kit for mRNA has failed our rigorous testing.

Comment

Thanks RNAseqer for the update on Scriptseq kit. Is it possible for you to share your in-house protocol for RNAseq library making? Thanks in advance

Comment

I'm new to this discussion forum, but found this thread very interesting.
                    I am also looking for alternatives to the mRNA library prep kits that are so expensive.
                    RNAseqer and/or upendra_35, I am also very interested in the in-house protocol for RNAseq library making!
                    What type of samples are you applying it to? I want to use it on soil RNA extracts.
                    Thanks so much!
                    Linda
                    Last edited by lvandiepen; 01-13-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lvandiepen View Post
                      I'm new to this discussion forum, but found this thread very interesting.
                      I am also looking for alternatives to the mRNA library prep kits that are so expensive.
                      RNAseqer and/or upendra_35, I am also very interested in the in-house protocol for RNAseq library making!
                      What type of samples are you applying it to? I want to use it on soil RNA extracts.
                      Thanks so much!
                      Linda
                      We use Plant tissues for making RNA libraries. We are in the process of publishing the in-house protocol for RNAseq libraries very soon. Once its been published or been accepted for publication i can send you the link. Will keep you updated on that. The good thing about this protocol is the extraction of mRNA directly from plant tissues and proceeding to library making. It gave satisfactory results.

Comment

Hi,
                        I have recently made a sequencing library using Epicenter's ScriptSeq™ mRNA-Seq Library Preparation Kit (Illumina-compatible). Now I am confused about which Illumina kit I am going to use to continue to get sequencing results. The guys at Epicenter could not tell me anything. They told me one primer (RD1 SP) for sequencing is from one Illumina kit and the other primer is from another Illumina kit, and that is it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks a lot.

Comment

Please see "Appendix 2: Sequencing the ScriptSeq (Illumina-compatible) Library" in the protocol on page 14 for full details. Briefly:

The Read 1 Sequencing Primer (Rd 1 SP) is included in the Illumina Standard Cluster Generation Kit v4 (Illumina catalog number GD-103-4001). The Read 2 Sequencing Primer (Rd2 SP) and the Index Read Sequencing Primer (Index SP) are included in the Illumina Multiplexing Sequencing Primers and PhiX Control (Illumina catalog number PE-400-1002).

Comment

Hi,
                            Yes I have read the appendix and I know where to find those primers. My question is now that I have my library that I need to sequence which Illumina kit or kits can I use to sequence my library?

Comment

Assuming that you have a GAIIx instrument, you would use the standard cluster generation kit v4 and Illumina sequencing kit v4.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. That helped a lot.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses