Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ion Torrent in Cambridge!

It's an exciting day in Cambridge, UK at the EASIH where we're having our Ion Torrent PGM installed! This was one of the honorary prizes awarded to Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
    Test run tomorrow and training starts Monday. Will post on how it all goes . .

As you say, exciting!

We are having ours installed next Thursday! (Birmingham)

Shall we start up a UK users list to exchange notes?

My email is [email protected]

Comment

Great to have you both on board! I look forward to hearing of your many successes.

I just wanted to ensure you knew about the Ion Community, which we’ve recently launched as a resource for support, collaboration, and all things PGM. I’d like to invite both of your groups to participate and help us build this community into something truly valuable for all PGM users. I certainly appreciate the utility of a user email list but would encourage you to check out the site and leverage the expertise of the entire global PGM user base, support teams, and other interested parties. I hope to see you there!

Full disclosure: I love SEQanswers just as much as the next guy (thanks, Eric!). It’s a tremendous resource for the NGS community!

Best regards,
      Jason

Jason Affourtit
      Director, Field Applications Support
      Ion Torrent

Comment

Hi Jason!

I did register on the Ion Community board, and indeed posted a few questions. But not much seems to be much happening. In fact, I just logged-in and my 2 questions have disappeared and I can't see any topics at all. Not sure what's happening there... perhaps you can look into it.

Cheers

Nick

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Nick. The missing questions may have just been caught up in the initial site rollout / reorg but things are all up and running now!

Cheers,
          Jason

Comment

Thanks for the compliment Jason!

Will be interesting to see if the Ion community will be unbiased and unedited/censored when/if things go awry for a customer...I'll definitely register and keep an eye on things there as well!

Comment

Jason - OK, will keep a look out. Perhaps post a few discussion topics to get the community started?

I have to say that I think the forum/groupware software you guys are using is a bit overkill. There are too many options, and everything leads to a blank page. You might want to consider simplifying it a bit.

I prefer a more basic BB like Seqanswers, or perhaps a Q&A style site.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses