Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGS clean up kit

Hello, I am want to purify some PCR amplicons (16S rRNA) for Illumina sequencing.

I have many samples and I did my PCR in 96-well plates. I was told the best way to do it is using magnetic beads methods. I order a 96 rxn kits. I thought I could purify 96 sample once. However, I have to transfer sample to a 1.5mL microcentrifudge tube and purify it one by one.

I am looking for a kit can purify 96-well plates once. It's better using megnetic beads methods. I am wondering if anyone can tell me which kits that I should buy. Can you send me the company name, lot number or website link

Thanks,

You will need a magnetic bead separation plate to use the beads for cleanups in 96-well PCR plates.

Zymo has DNA clean & concentrate kits in plate format (silica columns). You will require a suitable centrifuge.

Comment

We use AMPure beads at 1.2X and a 96-well bead extractor protocol for our PCR purification. This lets us purify all 96 wells with sample at once and multiple plates in less than an hour.

You would need to multi-channel transfer your samples to a U-bottom plate, which is better than individual 1.5mL tubes imo.
      ƧΛVΛПƬ

Comment

Originally posted by AvantS View Post
        We use AMPure beads at 1.2X and a 96-well bead extractor protocol for our PCR purification. This lets us purify all 96 wells with sample at once and multiple plates in less than an hour.

You would need to multi-channel transfer your samples to a U-bottom plate, which is better than individual 1.5mL tubes imo.

Hello AvantS,

Thank you very much. Can you give me the details (website link) of AMpure beads 1.2X. I am not sure what is 1.2 X? I heard Ampure beads XP. Are they same thing?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SDPA_Pet View Post
          Hello AvantS,

Thank you very much. Can you give me the details (website link) of AMpure beads 1.2X. I am not sure what is 1.2 X? I heard Ampure beads XP. Are they same thing?

Thanks.
          This is the product used in our group. The 1.2X indicates what ratio of bead to add to your sample. For example, when I want to purify 100uL of 300bp target DNA by removing primer dimer <200 bp primer dimer, I add 120uL of beads. If my volume was 50uL, I would add 60uL of bead.

Here's a reference image to illustrate what I mean.
          ƧΛVΛПƬ

Comment

This is the product we use.

The 1.2X is volume ratio of bead to sample. For example, if I wanted to purify 100uL of 300bp target DNA by removing <100bp primer dimer, I would at 120uL of beads to the sample. The ratio chosen depends on the length DNA you want to keep.

The image below helps illustrate what I mean.

ƧΛVΛПƬ

Comment

Originally posted by AvantS View Post
              This is the product we use.

The 1.2X is volume ratio of bead to sample. For example, if I wanted to purify 100uL of 300bp target DNA by removing <100bp primer dimer, I would at 120uL of beads to the sample. The ratio chosen depends on the length DNA you want to keep.

The image below helps illustrate what I mean.

Hi Thanks for you information. I am using a different brand called Geneaid. However, the product comes with very simple protocol. It only says that I can clean up the DNA from 100bp to 10kb. It only tell me every 100uL of PCR product should add 10uL beads, XXX buffer etc.

I don't have any gel picture like this. Is there any equation to calculate how much beads should be added? My primers are about 120bp and Amplicon is about 300bp.

Comment

Originally posted by SDPA_Pet View Post
                Hi Thanks for you information. I am using a different brand called Geneaid. However, the product comes with very simple protocol. It only says that I can clean up the DNA from 100bp to 10kb. It only tell me every 100uL of PCR product should add 10uL beads, XXX buffer etc.

I don't have any gel picture like this. Is there any equation to calculate how much beads should be added? My primers are about 120bp and Amplicon is about 300bp.

I would suggest doing a trial on a ladder with intervals as shown in the image, different brands cut at different ratios so trialling the product in house has always been our best approach.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses