Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subread-1.5.0-p1-source works

Thank you Wei Shi, the new patched version (subread-1.5.0-p1-source) works for these files now.

Comment

That's great. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Error with long CIGARs

I'm trying to map some long reads (PacBio public human data), and use featureCounts to count reads to features (there are other ways of doing this, which I also use, but I'd like to use featureCounts on both the PacBio data and some IBM data to treat both datasets consistently. However, I'm getting the following error:

Code:
        WARNING: cigar string is too long to the buffer.
        Please only use the compressed BAM format.
        featureCounts: sambam-file.c:594: PBam_chunk_gets: Assertion `0' failed.
        Can you please update featureCounts to not collapse when a CIGAR is too long?

Thanks in advance,
        Darya

Comment

What is the version of featureCounts you use?

Comment

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

If I run the below command from the commandline it works fine, however it corrupts with "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" if I run within sh script:

Code:
            featureCounts -T 10 -Q 10 -a library/genes.gtf -o gene_expression.txt 344/RNA-Seq/CD34_2_clean/CD34_2_clean_aligned_sorted.bam
            Code:
                    ==========     _____ _    _ ____  _____  ______          _____  
                    =====         / ____| |  | |  _ \|  __ \|  ____|   /\   |  __ \ 
                      =====      | (___ | |  | | |_) | |__) | |__     /  \  | |  | |
                        ====      \___ \| |  | |  _ <|  _  /|  __|   / /\ \ | |  | |
                          ====    ____) | |__| | |_) | | \ \| |____ / ____ \| |__| |
                    ==========   |_____/ \____/|____/|_|  \_\______/_/    \_\_____/
            	v1.5.0-p3

//========================== featureCounts setting ===========================\\
            ||                                                                            ||
            ||             Input files : 1 BAM file                                       ||
            ||                           P 344/RNA ... ||
            ||                                                                            ||
            ||             Output file : 344/RNA-S ... ||
            ||                 Summary : 344/RNA-S ... ||
            ||              Annotation : library/genes.gtf (GTF)            ||
            ||                 Threads : 10                                                ||
            ||                   Level : meta-feature level                               ||
            ||              Paired-end : yes                                              ||
            ||         Strand specific : no                                               ||
            ||      Multimapping reads : not counted                                      ||
            || Multi-overlapping reads : not counted                                      ||
            ||          Chimeric reads : counted                                          ||
            ||        Both ends mapped : not required                                     ||
            \\===================== http://subread.sourceforge.net/ ======================//

//================================= Running ==================================\\
            || Load annotation file library/genes.gtf ...                   ||
            ||    Features : 430178                                                       ||
            ||    Meta-features : 23710                                                   ||
            ||    Chromosomes/contigs : 49                                                ||
            || Process BAM file 344/RNA-Seq/CD34_2 ... ||
            ||    Paired-end reads are included.                                          ||
            ||    Assign fragments (read pairs) to features...                            ||
            ||    WARNING: reads from the same pair were found not adjacent to each       ||
            ||             other in the input (due to read sorting by location or         ||
            ||             reporting of multi-mapping read pairs).                        ||
            ||    Read re-ordering is performed.                                          ||
            Segmentation fault (core dumped)
            Apparently the patch does not work on my system.

Is there any clever fix yet?
            Last edited by arkanion; 08-04-2016, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shi View Post
              What is the version of featureCounts you use?
              Rsubread_1.20.6 or command line version subread-1.5.0-p1-Linux-x86_64

Comment

Can you update to Subread 1.5.1 and try again?

Comment

I'm also getting a segmentation error.

I use featureCount on 33k files and only 3 of them return this error. I'm getting no stdout or err on these 3 files, just:
                  44818 Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The query I use:
                  featureCounts -s 1 -T 8 -t exon -g gene_id -a Homo_sapiens.GRCh37.75.gtf bamfile.bam

Version: 1.5.1
                  Platform: Linux-x86_64

Link to one of the problem bam files:

Any help would be highly appreciated
                  Last edited by hbrugge; 11-15-2016, 01:48 AM.

Comment

It would be really nice if anyone could look into this problem

Comment

I also encounter similar problem:

Code:
                      SAM_pairer_run: Assertion `1 != corrected_run'
                      But after I sort the bam file using PICARD, featureCounts worked fine.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses