Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying Somatic mutation candidates question

Suppose my data looks something like this for a particular position in a gene in my sample data.

Reference Normal Tumor
    1 A A G
    2 A G A
    3 A T T
    4 A G T

I think the first and fourth cases represent a candidate somatic mutation. Am i right?

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-04-2024, 09:00 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-04-2024, 08:48 AM
0 responses