Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on methods for comparison

I am trying to compare quality of paraffin embedded samples against frozen samples. (Cancer tissue samples and normal tissue samples from human tumors). I would assume one of the things to do would be a comparison of expression given by sequencing runs on both samples. What are the best tools/methods to use for this comparison and are there any other experimental methods or data that I should be using as well?

I have been trying to learn how to use cufflinks but I'm not so sure cufflinks is the right way to go for this. (Even if it is, what to do with the output to get a useful answer as to whether the samples are good quality becomes another question entirely).

So, I am in need of some good direction and advice.
    Last edited by Kotoro; 07-01-2011, 01:48 PM.

I'm guessing the delay in response is due to this not being a very simple answer. (I had thought so.)

Still slogging through the data, trying to think of way to effectively compare the sequencing runs (and th samples themselves, regardless of sequencing.)

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
    0 responses