No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harlock0083 View Post
    -Chenyao

Are you getting a segmentation fault? On your processed hits?
    Exactly, If I only used .bam file, that's what I get:
    -----------------------
    You are using Cufflinks v1.0.3, which is the most recent release.
    [08:53:42] Inspecting reads and determining fragment length distribution.
    > Processed 82462 loci. [*************************] 100%
    Warning: Using default Gaussian distribution due to insufficient paired-end reads in open ranges. It is recommended that correct paramaters (--frag-len-mean and --frag-len-std-dev) be provided.
    > Map Properties:
    > Total Map Mass: 902937.00
    > Read Type: 38bp single-end
    > Fragment Length Distribution: Truncated Gaussian (default)
    > Default Mean: 200
    > Default Std Dev: 80
    [08:54:12] Assembling transcripts and estimating abundances.
    > Processing Locus chr1:3040607-3040643 [ ] 0%Segmentation fault

-------------------

If I add the reference genome, that's what I get:
    --------------------------------------
    > Processed 25678 loci. [*************************] 100%
    Warning: Using default Gaussian distribution due to insufficient paired-end reads in open ranges. It is recommended that correct paramaters (--frag-len-mean and --frag-len-std-dev) be provided.
    > Map Properties:
    > Total Map Mass: 902937.00
    > Read Type: 0bp single-end
    [08:58:26] Estimating transcript abundances.
    > Processing Locus 18:3266353-3327517 [************************ ] 99%Segmentation fault

Notably, the first one can get the right read,but still get fault in the last step

Comment

Could you list your system specs, linux distribution, and steps you took to compile boost and samtools. Also use the "-v" option on your test run to see if you can see where the error occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by harlock0083 View Post
        Could you list your system specs, linux distribution, and steps you took to compile boost and samtools. Also use the "-v" option on your test run to see if you can see where the error occurs.
        I have the problem when installing boost,which can not be detected, so I use "sudo get" as Tiger suggested, and it "configure" well, but I can not "make" successfully. I though maybe because of I wrongly pointed the path of boost. After I change the path, the cufflinks successfully make.

I use "-v" option, the error is:
        Inspecting bundle 2:180323949-180330541 with 0 reads
        Inspecting bundle 2:180332494-180377413 with 0 reads
        Inspecting bundle 2:180392668-180444704 with 0 reads
        Inspecting bundle 2:180444821-180453438 with 0 reads
        Inspecting bundle 2:180459967-180476985 with 0 reads
        Inspecting bundle 2:180500918-180511605 with 0 reads
        Inspecting bundle 2:180553047-180559335 with 0 reads

Map Properties:
        > Total Map Mass: 712614.00
        > Read Type: 0bp single-end
        0 ReadHits still live
        Found 177 reference contigs
        Total map density: 712614.000000
        [15:23:19] Estimating transcript abundances.
        Segmentation fault
        ----------------------
        Any thoughts?

Comment

who can help me?

Comment

Hi Chenyao,

I ran cufflinks on a research dataset. The output is below:

You are using Cufflinks v1.0.3, which is the most recent release.
            [11:59:07] Inspecting reads and determining fragment length distribution.
            > Processed 71057 loci. [*************************] 100%
            > Map Properties:
            > Total Map Mass: 2534201.50
            > Read Type: 75bp single-end
            [11:59:47] Assembling transcripts and estimating abundances.
            > Processed 71057 loci. [*************************] 100%

Even though, the warning is still present, I didn't get segmentation fault.

Comment

Could't make cufflinks

Hello all!
              I am trying to install Cufflinks in a 64b ubuntu-linux machine and I am having lots of problems. I have install boost in usr/local as the guide in the cufflink web says but when I tried to make this is what I get:

sandra@sandra-VirtualBox:~/cufflinks-0.9.3$ sudo make
              make all-recursive
              make[1]: se ingresa al directorio «/home/sandra/cufflinks-0.9.3»
              Making all in src
              make[2]: se ingresa al directorio «/home/sandra/cufflinks-0.9.3/src»
              g++ -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -gdwarf-2 -Wuninitialized -m64 -O3 -DNDEBUG -pthread -I/home/sandra/boost_1_48_0/include -I/usr/local/include -o cufflinks -L/home/sandra/boost_1_48_0/lib -L/usr/local/lib cufflinks.o libcufflinks.a libgc.a -lbam -lz
              cufflinks.o: In function `sleep<boost::date_time::subsecond_duration<boost:osix_time::time_duration, 1000l> >':
              /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/thread_data.hpp:138: undefined reference to `boost::this_thread::sleep(boost:osix_time:time const&)'
              cufflinks.o: In function `thread_data_base':
              /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/thread_data.hpp:67: undefined reference to `vtable for boost::detail::thread_data_base'
              cufflinks.o: In function `thread<void (*)(const RefSequenceTable&, HitBundle*, BiasLearner*, long double, _IO_FILE*, _IO_FILE*, _IO_FILE*), boost::reference_wrapper<const RefSequenceTable>, HitBundle*, BiasLearner*, long double, _IO_FILE*, _IO_FILE*, _IO_FILE*>':
              /usr/include/boost/thread/detail/thread.hpp:293: undefined reference to `boost::thread::start_thread()'
              cufflinks.o: In function `assemble_hits(BundleFactory&, BiasLearner*)':
              /home/sandra/cufflinks-0.9.3/src/cufflinks.cpp:953: undefined reference to `boost::thread::~thread()'
              cufflinks.o: In function `sleep<boost::date_time::subsecond_duration<boost:osix_time::time_duration, 1000l> >':
              /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/thread_data.hpp:138: undefined reference to `boost::this_thread::sleep(boost:osix_time:time const&)'
              cufflinks.o: In function `assemble_hits(BundleFactory&, BiasLearner*)':
              /home/sandra/cufflinks-0.9.3/src/cufflinks.cpp:953: undefined reference to `boost::thread::~thread()'
              cufflinks.o: In function `boost::thread_specific_ptr<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >::get() const':
              /usr/include/boost/thread/tss.hpp:84: undefined reference to `boost::detail::get_tss_data(void const*)'
              /usr/include/boost/thread/tss.hpp:84: undefined reference to `boost::detail::get_tss_data(void const*)'
              cufflinks.o: In function `boost::thread_specific_ptr<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >::reset(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >*)':
              /usr/include/boost/thread/tss.hpp:105: undefined reference to `boost::detail::set_tss_data(void const*, boost::shared_ptr<boost::detail::tss_cleanup_function>, void*, bool)'
              cufflinks.o: In function `boost::thread_specific_ptr<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >::get() const':
              cufflinks.o: In function `at_thread_exit<void (*)()>':
              /usr/include/boost/thread/detail/thread.hpp:521: undefined reference to `boost::detail::add_thread_exit_function(boost::detail::thread_exit_function_base*)'
              cufflinks.o: In function `~thread_data':
              /usr/include/boost/thread/detail/thread.hpp:40: undefined reference to `boost::detail::thread_data_base::~thread_data_base()'
              /usr/include/boost/thread/detail/thread.hpp:40: undefined reference to `boost::detail::thread_data_base::~thread_data_base()'
              cufflinks.o.rodata._ZTIN5boost6detail11thread_dataINS_3_bi6bind_tIvPFvRK16RefSequenceTableP9HitBundleP11BiasLearnereP8_IO_FILESC_SC_ENS2_5list7INS_17reference_wrapperIS5_EENS2_5valueIS8_EENSI_ISA_EENSI_IeEENSI_ISC_EESM_SM_EEEEEE[typeinfo for boost::detail::thread_data<boost::_bi::bind_t<void, void (*)(RefSequenceTable const&, HitBundle*, BiasLearner*, long double, _IO_FILE*, _IO_FILE*, _IO_FILE*), boost::_bi::list7<boost::reference_wrapper<RefSequenceTable const>, boost::_bi::value<HitBundle*>, boost::_bi::value<BiasLearner*>, boost::_bi::value<long double>, boost::_bi::value<_IO_FILE*>, boost::_bi::value<_IO_FILE*>, boost::_bi::value<_IO_FILE*> > > >]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::detail::thread_data_base'
              libcufflinks.a(common.o): In function `~thread_specific_ptr':
              /usr/include/boost/thread/tss.hpp:79: undefined reference to `boost::detail::set_tss_data(void const*, boost::shared_ptr<boost::detail::tss_cleanup_function>, void*, bool)'
              libcufflinks.a(assemble.o): In function `boost::thread_specific_ptr<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >:perator->() const':
              libcufflinks.a(assemble.o): In function `boost::thread_specific_ptr<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >::get() const':
              libcufflinks.a(assemble.o):/usr/include/boost/thread/tss.hpp:84: more undefined references to `boost::detail::get_tss_data(void const*)' follow
              collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
              make[2]: *** [cufflinks] Error 1
              make[2]: se sale del directorio «/home/sandra/cufflinks-0.9.3/src»
              make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
              make[1]: se sale del directorio «/home/sandra/cufflinks-0.9.3»
              make: *** [all] Error 2

What is happening?
              Thanks for any help!
              Sandra

Comment

Hey Sandra ,
                I am facing the same issue as you did. How did you install cufflinks after this error.? Although I am installing cufflinks 1.3.0.
                Any help is much appreciated.
                Thanks,
                Himanshu Sharma.

Comment

Hello all,
                  Is there anyone who knows the solution to this problem. Please help me .
                  Thanks.

Comment

Hello,
                    Finally I couldn't make it so I was working in galaxy instead. Hope anyone will reply this post, but if not, just take a look at the web: https://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/

Comment

There's a problem with the linker either not being able to find some/all of the boost library or the linking being done in an order wherein something is being linked before a dependency. Frankly, the easiest way to install cufflinks is to just download the binary.

Comment

Hi all,

I have installed successfully from source code, here is the step:
                        1. install boost (boost_1_47_0)
                        2. install samtools
                        3. install eigen
                        4. install cufflinks (cufflinks-2.1.1)
                        ./configure --with-boost=/path/to/lib/boost_1_47_0/ --prefix=/path/to/cufflinks-2.1.1/ --with-bam=/path/to/bam/ --with-eigen=/path/to/Eigen/ --with-boost-libdir=/path/to/lib/boost_1_47_0/include/ --with-boost-thread=/path/to/lib/boost_1_47_0/lib/libboost_thread.so

NOTE: /path/to/bam/ directory contain the following directories:
                        include/bam
                        include/Eigen #the subdirectory of eigen after uncompressed eigen package
                        lib/libbam.a

Explaination of the error message:
                        The thread package in the include//boost/thread directory cann't be compiled successfully by cufflinks, so we can use the compiled library when we install boost.
                        Last edited by pengchy; 04-17-2013, 05:34 PM. Reason: add version information

Comment

I have been working on trying to build cufflinks for the past few days and so far I keep getting stuck with the same error
                          checking for boostlib >= 1.47.0... configure: error: We could not detect the boost libraries (version 1.47 or higher). If you have a staged boost library (still not installed) please specify $BOOST_ROOT in your environment and do not give a PATH to --with-boost option. If you are sure you have boost installed, then check your version number looking in <boost/version.hpp>. See http://randspringer.de/boost for more documentation.

I have installed
                          1. boost_1_53_0
                          2. samtools(samtools-0.1.19)
                          3. eigen (eigen-eigen-2249f9c22fe8)
                          4. install cufflinks (cufflinks-2.1.1)

for boost I did the following:
                          ./bootstrap.sh
                          ./b2
                          The Boost C++ Libraries were successfully built!
                          The following directory should be added to compiler include paths:
                          /home/mrmary/ngs/applications/boost_1_53_0
                          The following directory should be added to linker library paths:
                          /home/mrmary/ngs/applications/boost_1_53_0/stage/lib

I continued forward with this command.
                          ./bjam --prefix=/home/mrmary/ngs/applications/boost_1_53_0
                          --toolset=gcc link=static runtime-link=static stage install

then i went cd'ed into my cufflinks directory and entered the following
                          ./configure --prefix=/home/mrmary/ngs/applications/cufflinks-2.1.1 --with-boost=/home/mrmary/ngs/applications/boost_1_53_0 --with-boost-thread=/usr/lib64/boost141/libboost_thread-mt.so --with-bam=/usr/local/include/bam --with-eigen=/usr/local/include/Eigen

when that didn't work I modified the command a little and tried again

./configure --prefix=/home/mrmary/ngs/applications/cufflinks-2.1.1 --with-boost=/home/mrmary/ngs/applications/boost_1_53_0/stage/lib --with-boost-thread=/usr/lib64/boost141/libboost_thread-mt.so --with-bam=/usr/local/include/bam --with-eigen=/usr/local/include/Eigen

any help would be god send at this point. Much thanks and regards

Dave

Comment

try specify:
                            --with-boost-libdir=/path/to/lib/boost_1_47_0/include/

Comment

Thanks Pengchy for answering I really appreciate it

This is what I tried again:

./configure
                              --prefix=/home/mrmary/ngs/applications/cufflinks-2.1.1/
                              --with-boost-libdir=/home/mrmary/ngs/applications/boost_1_53_0/
                              --with-boost-thread=/usr/lib64/boost141/libboost_thread-mt.so
                              --with-bam=/usr/local/include/bam/
                              --with-eigen=/usr/local/include/Eigen/

Im a little confused when I ran the ./b2 command to build boost I got the following recommendations:

The following directory should be added to compiler include paths:
                              /home/mrmary/ngs/applications/boost_1_53_0
                              The following directory should be added to linker library paths:
                              /home/mrmary/ngs/applications/boost_1_53_0/stage/lib

Im not sure where I should add the include paths and what path --with-boost-libdir is asking for

Thanks anyone and everyone who reads this

Dave

Comment

Dave: Where exactly did you install boost libraries? Are they in "/usr/local" or in your home directory?

You may have already seen the instructions here: http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu/tutorial.html#inst Depending on where you installed the boost libraries add that path using " --with-boost=/path/to/boost"

Here are a couple of threads for reference: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19805 and http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14224

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses