Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genome Annotation tips

Can any one give me some tips about genome anotation for big genome, which tools or pipelines are good
    Thank you in advance,

You might want to give more details on your "big genome". Large genomic data? new species? what species? De-novo assembled?

Comment

General advice: Read the supplementary material from published genome papers, compare their methods and find which one would be better for you project.

Comment

Thank you both for your reaction :-)
        @Richard, it's size is 3 GB, de novo assembled from short read. I am trying to follow the ensemble gene build pipeline, but it is not very clear. I was just wondering how other people do it. I have also seen in literature that people follow the ensemble pipeline. If there is any other tip, that will be nice
        @FredericRaymond, thank you, I have done that already, but it is very vague.
        Thank you again
        ashu

Comment

one program I know of is AUGUSTUS, but i've never used it myself

Comment

I've used Augustus for the annotation of the Leishmania tarentolae genome. The software is built for prokaryotes, but we collaborated with the creator of the software to adapt it for Leishmania, which do not have introns. It performed pretty well.

Comment

Ehhh, i see a contradiction in your reply FredericRaymond, i think you meant that the software is for eukaryotes. The website (http://augustus.gobics.de/) says
              AUGUSTUS is a program that predicts genes in eukaryotic genomic sequences

Comment

Thank you all for the tip, Augustus was in my list, but I was focused on the ensemble Pipeline. I will give it a try and see if it is a good tool.
                Thank you again,
                cheers
                Ashu

Comment

You right boetsie. My mistake. However, the intron-less models can be built for Augustus.

FR

Comment

how do you guys find possible introns on a gene? Which software do you use?

Comment

Genewise is used very frequently

Comment

bbsinfo, there are (as far as I know) three ways to find introns.

1) You could do a spliced alignment of some kind of assembled transcripts/ESTs using for example Blat (if you are working in nucleotide space that is)
                        2) Get junctions from mapped transcripts using for example Tophat
                        3) Align known proteins to the genome using Genewise, Exonerate or perhaps Scipio.

Check out the suggested pipeline on the PASA homepage, it works well:

Comment

Originally posted by Ashu View Post
                          Thank you all for the tip, Augustus was in my list, but I was focused on the ensemble Pipeline. I will give it a try and see if it is a good tool.
                          Thank you again,
                          cheers
                          Ashu
                          Hello,

Did you use the Ensemble pipeline?
                          If yes can you provide a few details!

Regards,
                          --
                          pg

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                          • seqadmin
                            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                          0 responses