No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tassel 5 installation error

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, let me know if it belongs elsewhere please.

I am trying to install tassel 5 on a MAC (Catalina 10.15.1). Reinstalling Java made it work on a different MAC but this one is not cooperating. I keep running into an error after the files are moved/extracted: /Library/Java/Extensions/libTasselBlas.dylib could not create this file, shall I try again. And then trying again doesn't work.

I haven't tried much other than reinstalling Java, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

-Ben

Hi,
    I have the same problem as you, anyone knows the solution??

Comment

Is it 32 or 64 bits for the Mac version? We just received an email from our IT dpt saying that 32bits programs won't install on Catalina...

Comment

There is only one MAC Version on their website, it doesn't specify 32 or 64 bit, but I'm assuming it is 64 bit. I have posted on the google group and I believe one of the developers responded by saying it needs to ask for credentials to create the file, but he didn't mention anything about 32 bit or 64 bit so I'm guessing that is not the issue but I could be wrong. We've got the software to work on other MACs and they have Sierra and High Sierra, Catalina is the one that is being problematic. Thanks for the replies, still looking for a solution.
        Last edited by benitro; 11-26-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by benitro View Post
          Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, let me know if it belongs elsewhere please.

I am trying to install tassel 5 on a MAC (Catalina 10.15.1). Reinstalling Java made it work on a different MAC but this one is not cooperating. I keep running into an error after the files are moved/extracted: /Library/Java/Extensions/libTasselBlas.dylib could not create this file, shall I try again. And then trying again doesn't work.

I haven't tried much other than reinstalling Java, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

-Ben
          Hi there, did you get this /Library/Java/Extensions/libTasselBlas.dylib issue figured out by chance? I'm having the same problem and have no clue on what to do. I'm on Mac Cataliina 10.15.2. Thanks.

Comment

No, the only solution I've found is to use a MAC with a different OS. Sorry, wish I had better news.

Comment

Thanks. Did you see anything in the google groups forum by chance?

Comment

No, I posted the same question there and even though a developer seems to be active in that group nobody ever addressed my post.

Comment

Got it figured out....

SO, I got this figured out, figured I should post that here. I just went to the /Library/Java/Extensions folder and reset the permissions (click the folder, go to Info, and change the read/write permissions at the bottom).

Thanks,
                  Scott.

Comment

Awesome, I'll give that a try, thanks!

Comment

Thanks a lot @scotthaley !!
                      I did exactly what you mentioned, and it worked!!!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses