Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gel run before AMPure

I am using targeted sequencing designed by Qiagen. I would like to perform a gel run for my samples before measuring them by Qubid and AMPure step. The reason I want to do that is because if I depended ONLY on Qubid I will have a measurement for everything in my sample, while when I run a gel I can see my targeted amplicons based on their size in the gel. Does any one agree with me? if disagree can you tell me why and correct me if I am wrong?

With a normal ampure cleanup you can get rid of primers. Depending on exactly what you are doing you can do some size selection as well. Typically people will use a bioanalyzer or a tapestation as a final step to QC their library and to quantify it. If you do a gel extraction first you can lose a lot of material and possibly sacrifice the complexity of your library.

Comment

Thank you for your replay. I want to use the gel just to check the (efficiency) of my PCR that is all. I will not cut it or size select. This is becasue when I measure with quibid I get reading that is much higher than after AMPure which is a very tuff experiance for my sample as they end up with much lower reading after the AMPure. So I do not know if this low reading becasue my PCR was not working well from the begining or a result of the AMPure step.

Comment

Ah, if you're just troubleshooting then go for it. Then you can determine if the problem is the PCR or the Ampure cleanup.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses