No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extend sequence

Hello,
    I have paired end reads Illumina and I need to complete a sequence of bacteria, i have only 4kbp, I would complete the ends of a bacterial sequence, I have only 4kbp, for that I'm using Novoalign trying to lengthen the ends doing a loop with the previous results, anybody can give me better ideas?
    I would also like to know what you mean trim consensus sequences to 4x coverage from pileup file. Sorry, I'm new in this work, how I do this?, delete lines that have a greater coverage to 4?, is there a program for this?
    Thanks,
    Mirex

Could you explain in more detail what you do have? Shotgun Illumina data for your entire organism? How was the library prepared? Do you have an estimate of the genome size & what coverage you have.

What is the 4Kbp -- a gene of interest?

Comment

Hi, thanks a lot for the reply!. The data is FASTQ Illumina 1.3+ paired-end, about entire plant, but 7kbp is an estimated of gene of interest and for now i have only 4kbp.
      Thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses