No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design a probe for target enrichment assay for NGS

Hi everyone,

I designed several probes for highly polymorphic region to do target enrichment assay. In particular region, I will have around 200-300 different probes that are just different in one nucleotide to distinguish different alleles. I am unsure having probes with one or two nucleotides different will be affecting the enrichment assay to run in Miseq. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

I assume probes are being used for one of in solution capture kits or a similar homebrew. The probes does not need to be exact match of target region. One or two differences in base sequences is less likely to affect your assay. The whole idea of capture is to obtain homologous region sequences which are divergent. Standard hybridisation conditions is able to capture sequences with at least 80% similarity. Altering hybridisation and washing temperature is one of the ways to change stringency. By using low stringent conditions capturing sequencing down to 70% homology is possible with the expense of increased off target capture.

Comment

Hi

Thank you for response but I actually meant that whether or not these closely matching probes adversely affect the enrichment?

Comment

If they are used for in solution hybrid capture reaction to pull out homologous fragments for sequencing, closely matching probes will not have any nagative impact. Probes should be cross checked to ensure that they are not complemntary, otherwise thay will hybridise to each other not to target library fragments.

Comment

Why not just have one (or a few) probes to the same site, if they're only differing by 1 base? This is what I think nucacidhunter was referring to.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses