No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aeolus Huios View Post

Hi Grassgirl,
    Thanks for reply but it does not work when i try. i wrote the code in this way:
    my $searchio = new Bio::SearchIO( -format => 'blast', -file => $blast_report, -best_hit_only => 'true');

Eventhough,It gives error.

With regards,
    Aeolus
    Hi Aeolus or Pawan (or whoever you are),

Please have a look at this document. You have posted this question on a couple of threads here and you have asked the same thing in several posts to the BioPerl listserv. People have tried to help you but you have still not shown us any of your code or what error you are talking about. There is a lot of BioPerl documentation on this topic (try google) and old listserv conversations which you can search (here for example). Please realize that the solution to your problem is not to post the same question over and over again on different listservs or websites, but to heed the advice which you have been given (show us your code, describe the errors, etc.). Also, it would be better to follow up on the BioPerl listserv since it will be easier for others to google for the conversation later.

Comment

SES took the words right out of my mouth. Without all of your code and information on the errors you are getting, it is difficult to help you beyond telling you what I did. For instance, did you read the next_result and next_hit, did you print the results? You may even be missing a BioPerl module, but without all the information no one will know. The BioPerl listserve folks are very helpful, but they will be adamant about including all your code and errors exactly as they come out.

Here's a link to the BioPerl-l listserve Info Page. You can email your question to them, the address is on this page. Also, take a look at the archives to get an idea of how folks are posting their questions:

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
      0 responses