Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it necessary to visualize the RNA-seq data in a genome browser?

Hi,

Its a silly question but Why is it necessary to visualize the RNA-seq data in a genome browser?

hm - I don't think that there's a rule forcing you to do so but it can definitely help you to get an idea of the data and to quickly check certain things.

Let's say you would like to know if the coverage over the transcripts is more or less uniform or not - having a look at it with genome browser will take you five minutes to get an idea if it may be uniform or absolutely not. Writing a script will take you definitely longer...

by the way - most of the people don't like to interpret thousands of numbers - pictures are generally preferred. So if you find a trend in your analysis, most readers will be happy if you can illustrate it with an example...

Comment

It is also useful to check gene models by eye - they should match up with the RNA-seq coverage information (e.g. intron/exon boundaries, or paired reads should all be within one transcript).

Comment

I wouldn't say it's necessary. Many researchers like to take an actual look at the data to get ideas, as above posters wrote already; I admit, I also do that.

But this can be misleading and you can jump to wrong conclusions, and then you try to prove "what you see" using rigorous analysis, while actually it's not there.

There are many subtle issues with visualization of RNA-Seq/HT transcriptome profiling (pixel width, thresholds when tags appear/dissapear, coloring of tags which are smaller than one pixel, multiple tags within the same pixel while being zoomed out, etc, etc) which can give you wrong ideas when looking at the visualization.

Comment

Viewing the custom tracks in UCSC genome browser

HI,

Am having a query for uploading the custom tracks. I need to know that if I want to visualize the RNA-Seq data then I have to upload the bigwig file for the same right? So lets say I have 1 patient with tumor and the conditions are having center and periphery of tumor. So for that patient I have RNA -Seq data of 4 samples with a center of tumor, periphery of tumor , recurrent center of tumor and recurrent periphery. So I want to view the data in Genome Browser. in order to do that I should convert all the BAM files of all the four and create a bigwig files for each and then add them using add custom tracks in the browser right?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses