No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT Southwestern in Dallas has a SOLiD 3+ and an Illumina. Baylor in Dallas has a SOLiD, I believe.

Comment

Hi Vanessa - feel free to update the map! It's a community resource so relies on the users to keep it current.

Comment

All updated!

Comment

Hussman Institute for Human Genomics

Dear James,
          Miami Institute for Human Genomics has been renamed, John P. Hussman Institute for Human Genomics. We have 2 GAIIx and 2 SOLiD3.

Thanks!
          Meg Welch

Comment

Hi guys

James will be posting in a new thread I think but just to say the map site has been updated with the following refinements:
            * there is now a statistics page at http://pathogenomics.bham.ac.uk/hts/stats
            * clusters now represent machine numbers rather than number of facilities, label shows number of machines when zoomed in
            * dynamic list of centre on the right
            * ability to zoom in to centre
            * bit prettier

Go now! http://pathogenomics.bham.ac.uk/hts

I've also blogged a short summary at http://pathogenomics.bham.ac.uk/blog...for-2nd-place/

Cheers

Nick

Comment

Awesome, thanks a lot Nick! and thanks to the contributors!

Comment

Just added the link to the front page of this site...and redirected http://map.seqanswers.com there as well. Great effort.

Comment

Apologies, in my zeal to try to add centers to the U.S. sequencing capital* I seem to have cloned both the DFCI Heliscope and the Children's Hospital Boston SOLiD

I think I have the Heliscope down to one instance, but fixing the Children's mistake will require eliminating a center -- does that happen automatically if you knock its sequencer count to 0?

Another case of this: Geschwind lab out in CA seems to be duplicated. Michael Smith in Vancouver appears to have two tags, but with different sequencer numbers.

* -- :-)

Comment

Thanks for the updates. I think I've killed the duplicate entries you mentioned via the backend admin.

Are you sure the Geschwind lab is duplicated, I can only see that once.

I tend to moderate all the updates and pick up the duplicates before they are added to the site and delete them, but I do occasionally miss them as the updates have been coming thick and fast recently ...

Comment

hi, congratulations, this is a great initiative and great work so far.

I have found a bug tho, so... here you go:

on the map, we can see for the Max Planck Institute in Berlin 12 sequencers however, on the statistics page the institute is not mentioned in the top 10 (it should be on place nr. 10)

Maybe you can update the statistics page using the map info?

Hope i helped, laterz

Comment

Hi seqmaster

The reason Max Planck isn't on that table is because the table summarises the top genome centres, defined by those places that are dedicated genome centres (as opposed to univerisities, research institutes etc.) - this discrimination may not be particularly helpful as I'm not sure how accurate the data is, but that's the reason for now.

Cheers

Comment

James,

Insitute of Plant Biology, University of Zurich does not have a next generation sequencer and so can be updated on the map.

Cheers

Comment

Gtac

This is stellar work! Could you please add:

The Genome Technology Access Center at Washington University
                            Campus Box 8232
                            660 South Euclid
                            St. Louis, MO 63110

We currently have 2 HiSeqs.

Comment

This is great work. Is there a way to output the raw data from this map, so I can create my own stats table?

Comment

The data on the map are submitted with no request to make them any more publically available than we have already in the stats page. I am not sure we can simply post the info out. However we are considering changes t the map and I would be grateful for any and all suggestions on what users would like to see on it.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses