X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello Next Gen Seq community!

I'm Mikaela from Partek, we do bioinformatics software for statistical analysis of next gen seq and microarray data - with a focus on biological exploration of results.

My job is to plan data analysis trainings/seminars/webinars, helping scientists getting started with their own datasets.
    We're genuinely interested in offering support and to interact and discuss about the methods available for RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, Methyl-Seq, DNA-Seq and Functional Genomics.

I really enjoy reading the posts on seqanswers!

You are welcome to contact me at [email protected]

Comment

• Hi folks,

This is Da. I am a postdoc in MD Anderson Cancer Center. Although I deem myself as a bioinformatician, my previous experience was limited on the microarray analysis using R. I am pretty new in NGS, nice to meet you here.

Da

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm Malachi, a postdoc at the Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency. I just completed my PhD in medical genetics. I have spent the last ~2 years analyzing RNA-Seq data in the context of alternative splicing.

Comment

• Hello there,

My name is Chun-Nan and I'm based in San Jose, California, US. I'm working on exploring the "immunome" by next gen sequencing. Because of the read length consideration, I'm heavily leaning toward using 454 technology.

Comment

• Hello, everybody
            I am a graduate student on biology, and working in BGI. Glad to come here and learn from you all.

Cheers!

Comment

• Hi

Hello All,

I am Uday Evani from Houston. i am bioinformatician who has just entered this field. Currently i am working on ways to improve a home grown indel calling pipeline. i have found seqanswers to be very useful resource and has helped me a lot in getting to know the field. very excited to be here and see you around.

Uday

Comment

• Hello~

I am a new Ph.D. student in UQ, working on deep-sequecing data.
                Thanks for SeQanswers, I find our group.

Comment

• Hi everyone,
                  This forum is awesome. We are just beginning to provide Illumina sequencing services as part of our Genomics Sequencing and Microarray Core at Cincinnati.
                  sai

Comment

• Hello everybody,

I am a postdoc working on RNAseq; my data come from Illumina genome analyzer II SCS2.6. Glad to have found this forum.
                    Cheers

Comment

• Hello to all,

I am just starting out by getting ready to crunch my first round of RNA-seq data off a GAIIx.
                      I am very excited and I am becoming increasingly grateful to the creators of this forum. I have already learned a good deal.
                      The following is a primer on PERL for biologists from one of my professors, Dr. Korf: http://korflab.ucdavis.edu/Unix_and_Perl/index.html
                      I found it very useful.
                      See you guys around..

Comment

• Hi all!

I'm a biologist (evolutionary genetics). I work at the Sequencing and Genotyping Facility located at the University of Puerto Rico. We're in the process of buying the Junior 454 from Roche and are waiting for the new Ion Torrent. If anyone has any good or bad comments about the Ion Torrent, they would be most welcome!

Cheers,
                        D.

Comment

• hello, everyone. i am a graduate student and know very little about sequencing. i will often seek help here, and i hope you can be kind enough to help me, thank you.

Comment

• hello ,everyone
                            Last edited by wangleibio; 10-12-2010, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Hello Everyone,
                              I'm a graduate student working on a transcriptomics-based project and will be using Illumina and/or SOLiD platforms.
                              Cheers!

Comment

• Hi everyone
                                I'm a postdoc in Boston. Working with both ChIP-Seq and RNA-Seq data to understand global differences in estrogen receptor binding and estrogen-mediated gene expression in cardiovascular tissue versus other tissues.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                                0 responses