Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visualisation of chip-seq profiles ... seqminer?

Dear chip-seq experts ,

My boss would like to have fancy chip-seq profiles (reads arounds TSS) for ... yesterday!
    I am quite new to the chip-seq world and I was already very happy to have extracted peaks from his data.

Would you know a tool that allows an easy peak visualization starting from the bowtie alignement files? I read that seqminer was able to perform this kind of task but was unable to use it.

After having loaded my bowtie file, I get an error : "you haven't chosen a peak reference" and I am quite lost!

I don't absolutely want to use seqminer and I'm not reluctant to use R or another tool that could be more appropriate.

So, if you get an idea, please, give me a hint. To my opinion, it should not be that difficult, isn't it?

Thank you all for your help,

Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,
    You may want to try our tool for peak profiles and heatmaps:

The issue with this kind of visual representations is that every case seems to be different, because everybody wants slight variations of the same thing :-) Anyway, try out our tool if you like (make sure you download the latest version), and let me know if you have questions!
    Ari

Comment

Hi Ari,

Thanks for your proposition, I'll try your tool!

However, as I did not get any answer in the beginning, I decided to implement my own tool myself (very simple, in fact). I don't know if I'll make it available publicly cause the code is pretty ugly (mix of R and Perl) but the idea is to give a GTF and a WIG file as input, to specify a gene, and it produces the kind of output in attachment.

Of course, if my tool interests someone, I'll be more than happy to share the (awful code)

Cheers,

Sylvain
      Attached Files

Comment

Dear all,

I just finished the web implementation of my small visualization tool for binding profiles.

Interested users can test it on http://rsat.ulb.ac.be/~sylvain/binding_profiles/binding_profiles_form.php]this adress

Any feedback is welcome, of course!

Sylvain
        Last edited by sbrohee; 10-30-2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Dear all,

My tool, called D-peaks, has just been published in Transcription. I think I can now close the subject.

La boucle est bouclée.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses