No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st cycle report

Hi,

The Solexa first cycle report gives numbers as the cluster count per lane, Intensity and Std dev of A C G Ts, some focus metrics and tilt.

Anything that can be mined out of all these statistics? We are yet to use this report to actually summarize it in words and be able to say something about the quality of run, etc.

Observations?
    --
    bioinfosm

I've worked with the first cycle incorporation reports (.xls) a bit. WikiLIMS uses google charts to turn this

into this

It serves as a visual summary of the A,T,C,G intensities on a per-lane basis. Perhaps that is useful, or will inspire thoughts on what more you'd like distilled.

<blatant ad>I'll be presenting this and much more during Sept 21 in Providence </blatant ad>
    Last edited by cariaso; 09-03-2008, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks ... anyone else has comments?

I wont be able to make it to RI ... any chance you could post the slides to me?

~sm
      --
      bioinfosm

Comment

After they've been delivered I'll update this thread with a google docs url.

Comment

Originally posted by cariaso View Post
          After they've been delivered I'll update this thread with a google docs url.
          Awesome.. Thanks!
          --
          bioinfosm

Comment

IVC.htm plots

Is there a good way to look at the Intensity vs Cycle number plots and say about the tile?

There is an attached image here as an example..
            Attached Files
            --
            bioinfosm

Comment

Well it seems my fondness for screen shots made this too big for google docs. Truth be told much of the demo was actually live against real systems, instead of being based on the slides. Lastly I didn't provide much text or speaker notes. So I don't know how much value anyone will get from these, but as promised here they are at

http://bioteam.net/cariaso/wikilims-ngs08ri.pdf

Comment

Thanks !

However, its just that image you have in the slides, any info on the interpretation? how useful is the 1st cycle report info?
                --
                bioinfosm

Comment

Its an excellent snapshot for some purposes, lousy for others. At Rhode Island George Grills of Cornell showed some images of QC lane analysis which I believe were generated by intel and I'm now inquiring about over on
                  New here? Stop in and introduce yourself. Where you are, what you work on, etc.

as for usefulness and interpretation. For the McCombie lab this was the first thing they wanted to know about their data. They had an excel sheet full of numbers, but no intuition on what it meant. This viz addesses that. However it isn't meant for drilldown and deeper analysis, at least until someone tells me what they'd like to know next.

Comment

Thanks !
                    Do update in case you get hold of the images, or more interpretation..
                    --
                    bioinfosm

Comment

wikilims cshl poster

Since my slides were nearly devoid of text, perhaps this poster will be useful.

Comment

Thanks, but the link did not work for me..
                        --
                        bioinfosm

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                        • seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                        0 responses