Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony: Do you need 1.7 for some specific reason? It may be better to go with bcl2fastq (v.1.8.4) otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      Tony: Do you need 1.7 for some specific reason? It may be better to go with bcl2fastq (v.1.8.4) otherwise.
      Sorry, this is bcl2fastq 1.8.4. Thought it easier to post to the same thread as CASSAVA as bcl2fastq is/was part of CASSAVA

Comment

Can you try installing the rpm package (http://namhuy.net/1207/how-to-instal...-debian.html)? That may be simpler.

Comment

Can you try installing the rpm package (http://namhuy.net/1207/how-to-instal...-debian.html)? That may be simpler.
          I tried that. I could get the deb created but installing fails with no errors after unpacking.

Code:
          admin@seq-analysis:~/bcl$ sudo alien bcl2fastq-1.8.4-Linux-x86_64.rpm 
          bcl2fastq_1.8.4-2_amd64.deb generated
          admin@seq-analysis:~/bcl$ sudo dpkg -i bcl2fastq_1.8.4-2_amd64.deb 
          (Reading database ... 273160 files and directories currently installed.)
          Preparing to unpack bcl2fastq_1.8.4-2_amd64.deb ...
          Unpacking bcl2fastq (1.8.4-2) over (1.8.4-2) ...
          Setting up bcl2fastq (1.8.4-2) ...
          admin@seq-analysis:~/bcl
          I should add that Setting up bcl2fastq lasts about 3 seconds before exiting. configureBclTofastq.pl goes into my path, but returns errors when I try and run it.

Code:
          configureBclTofastq.pl --input-dir ./140321_M01520_0085_000000000-A7FD0/Data/Intensities/BaseCalls/
          "my" variable $value masks earlier declaration in same statement at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 760.
          syntax error at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 747, near "$variable qw(ELAND_FASTQ_FILES_PER_PROCESS)"
          Global symbol "$variable" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 749.
          syntax error at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 751, near "$directory qw(ELAND_GENOME)"
          Global symbol "$self" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          Global symbol "$directory" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          Global symbol "$project" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          Global symbol "$sample" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          Global symbol "$lane" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          Global symbol "$barcode" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          Global symbol "$reference" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          syntax error at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 761, near "}"
          /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm has too many errors.
          Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment.pm line 61.
          BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment.pm line 61.
          Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl line 250.
          BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl line 250.
          Last edited by TonyBrooks; 05-01-2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Tony: You need to minimally provide a samplesheet by specifying --samplesheet Samphesheet_file.csv (it needs to be in a specific format). I have an example in this post: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=14

Can you try this?

Code:
            $ configureBclTofastq.pl --input-dir ./140321_M01520_0085_000000000-A7FD0/Data/Intensities/BaseCalls/ --samplesheet /path_to/samplesheet.csv --fastq-cluster-count 0
            --fastq-cluster-count makes a single gz file for a sample. If you do not want that then remove that option.
            Last edited by GenoMax; 05-01-2014, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Tony: You need to minimally provide a samplesheet by specifying --samplesheet Samphesheet_file.csv (it needs to be in a specific format). I have an example in this post: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=14

Can you try this?

Code:
              $ configureBclTofastq.pl --input-dir ./140321_M01520_0085_000000000-A7FD0/Data/Intensities/BaseCalls/ --samplesheet /path_to/samplesheet.csv --fastq-cluster-count 0
              --fastq-cluster-count makes a single gz file for a sample. If you do not want that then remove that option.
              Same problem
              I think I may have found the problem. I'm wondering if the problem is to do with the version of boost installed. I'm going to try and remove and install an older version and see if it works

Comment

I have same problem. The rpm file worked on Ubuntu 13.10 using Perl v5.14.2-21, however, it does not work on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS using Perl v5.18.2-2. So far I cannot solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by HiroMishima View Post
                  I have same problem. The rpm file worked on Ubuntu 13.10 using Perl v5.14.2-21, however, it does not work on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS using Perl v5.18.2-2. So far I cannot solve the problem.
                  Is this Bcl2fastq install?

Comment

Is this Bcl2fastq install?
                    Yes it is. I'm sorry for submitting without a quoting.

I installed bcl2fastq-1.8.4-Linux-x86_64.rpm using the alien command into Ubuntu 13.10. After upgrading Ubuntu to 14.04 LTS, configureBclToFastq.pl raises errors in Config.pm. These errors are the same as TonyBrooks' post http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=18.

Comment

Have you already tried to reinstall Bcl2fastq after the upgrade to 14.04 using the same method you used as before?

Are you using a valid SampleSheet.csv file?

Comment

Have you already tried to reinstall Bcl2fastq after the upgrade to 14.04 using the same method you used as before?

Are you using a valid SampleSheet.csv file?
                        Thnak you GenoMax for asking me further information.

Before installing bcl2fastq, I purged the package using "sudo dpkg --purge bcl2fastq" to uninstall completely. Errors were not reported during the uninstall process.

I used a SampleSheet.csv file validated on other CentOS machine that can run configureBclToFastq.pl.

On the CentOS machine, "configureBclToFastq.pl --help" returns help messages, however on the Ubuntu14.04 machine, the same command-line returns Perl's errors.

Comment

Which version of perl do you have as system default on Ubuntu 14.04?

On RHEL we are explicitly using perl 5.12.0 (even though the system perl is set to v.5.8.8) for bcl2fastq.

Comment

Which version of perl do you have as system default on Ubuntu 14.04?

On RHEL we are explicitly using perl 5.12.0 (even though the system perl is set to v.5.8.8) for bcl2fastq.
                            Ubuntu 13.10 : perl v5.14.2-21
                            Ubuntu 14.04 LTS : perl v5.18.2-2

So far, I have used only system default perls.

Comment

That could be the potential problem. Newer versions of perl may be more strict on syntax checking which is leading to those errors.

Since you probably do not want to mess with system perl you may want to try something like this to use an older version of perl: http://perlbrew.pl/ I have not tried this myself.

Comment

That could be the potential problem. Newer versions of perl may be more strict on syntax checking which is leading to those errors.

Since you probably do not want to mess with system perl you may want to try something like this to use an older version of perl: http://perlbrew.pl/ I have not tried this myself.
                                BINGO! GenoMax, I appreciate your informative advices.

The followings are a protocol to prepare to use Bcl2Fastq on Ubuntu 14.04 LTE:

Code:
                                sudo alien -i bcl2fastq-1.8.4-Linux-x86_64.rpm
                                sudo apt-get install build-essential
                                curl -kL http://install.perlbrew.pl | bash
                                echo >> ~/.bash_profile "source ~/perl5/perlbrew/etc/bashrc"
                                perlbrew install perl-5.14.4
                                perlbrew switch perl-5.14.4
                                perlbrew install-cpanm
                                cpanm XML/Simple.pm
                                note:
                                Run as a non-root user.
                                Installing (build) process took about 10min for my environment.
                                You can also use "aptitude" instead of "apt-get".
                                For perlbrew, you can use "use" instead of "switch" to set-up only for current shell.
                                You may need to install other required modules using cpanm.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses